2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
The combination of functional areas in residential apartments and houses is a very interesting and convenient innovation in the layout of premises. Such solutions make it possible to significantly expand the space of even a small apartment. Combining the kitchen and living room, as one of the options for combining zones, significantly increases the kitchen space. In this version of the layout, you can implement a lot of ideas for a beautiful and stylish design, as well as additionally organize a dining area for receiving guests and family dinners.
The main reasons and prerequisites for combining the living room and kitchen areas may be the following features of the living space:
- Small, insufficiently spacious kitchen area . A small kitchen is more or less convenient for one person, but if a family of several people lives in an apartment or house, then it will simply not be possible to turn around in a small room.
With the demolition of one of the walls and an increase in the kitchen space, this problem disappears. In the kitchen-living room space, you can even organize a dining area.
- Large area of an adjacent room . If the apartment has a small living room and kitchen, but the adjacent room has a large area, the solution may be to move the wall and reduce the space of the room. The room can be equipped with a cozy bedroom. And the kitchen and living room areas that have received more space should be equipped with the help of competent design.
- Increasing the area of the living room . In small apartments, the question of the place of receiving guests is rather acute. A small room often serves as a bedroom for the owners and it is not very convenient to receive friends in it. And the area of the hall may be insufficient.
In this case, additional space can be won by demolishing the wall between adjacent rooms.
Pros and cons
The clear advantages of combining a living room and kitchen include:
- The effect of visual and functional increase in space . This is especially true for small apartments, where walls and partitions between rooms seem to "crush" and "steal" the already precious meters of free space.
- More comfortable and convenient use of two areas of the apartment . If guests come to you or you have a family dinner, it will be much more convenient to serve treats on the table, clean the dishes and change dishes. After all, food and cutlery will be very close. The hostess does not need to leave the guests to put a kettle on the stove or arrange pieces of cake on plates.
- Cozy interior and savings on electrical appliances and furniture . For a combined room, you can choose an economical type of lighting, because, in fact, you no longer need to illuminate two separate rooms. In the living room, combined with the kitchen, one TV is enough. Properly selected furniture will also help save money.
- A comfortable and pleasant meal . When there is very little space in the kitchen, family members have to crowd around a tiny table, or even take turns eating lunch and dinner. Sometimes a more inconvenient option is possible when you have to leave with plates in the hall or bedroom. It is much more comfortable and soulful to dine together at a table of sufficient size.
Some consider the following points to be a disadvantage:
- The steam from the boil and the smells from the cooking process immediately become regulars in the living room. The room can be stuffy or hot if the cooking process is long. Also, the humidity may periodically increase, since most of the stewing or cooking processes are associated with the boiling off of the liquid. Dust and other contaminants that have settled on furniture are more difficult to clean up.
- If the apartment no longer has separate rooms, or not all family members have them, then combining the living room with the kitchen can cause some psychological discomfort over time. Since this area becomes common, it is impossible to be alone with oneself in it, to retire for work or reading.
The design of a high-tech room is always very catchy and recognizable. This style originated at the end of the 20th century and quickly gained its popularity in the field of interior decoration of various types of premises. The specificity of this direction in design is outrageousness, a bold combination of various materials, original color solutions. A characteristic feature is also the rational use of space and pieces of furniture.
There are very few trifles in the high-tech style, and the objects are quite large, with clear straight shapes. To decorate a kitchen in this style, materials such as plastic of various colors, glass, and metal are mainly used. Mirror or reflective surfaces are welcome.
Basic rules and principles for designing a high-tech kitchen combined with the living room:
- Adequate lighting of the room . In this direction, bright, detailed lighting prevails. Recessed spot lighting, additional lighting of furniture or decorative elements are often used. The color spectrum of the lighting is neutral or cold.
- Geometric space planning . Straight outlines of furniture, a minimum of decorative non-functional additions and details.
- Bright and saturated colors . Often there is a contrasting, conspicuous combination of colors and shades. Contrasting combinations of bright elements with a white or light background are especially effective. The second option for color design is the use of one color or 2-3 shades close in the spectrum. The work surfaces of the furniture are not occupied with anything. Kitchen appliances, food, cleaning products, personal belongings are removed to shelves, cabinets or closed cabinets.
- Rational and convenient placement of furniture and household appliances . This style does not tolerate the piling up of things and furniture. The space remains as free as possible due to the arrangement of only the minimum necessary items. For a living room combined with a kitchen, a folding bar counter, folding chairs, pull-out countertops built into kitchen cabinets are well suited.
Bathhouse Decoration Inside - Steam Room, Shower Room And Relaxation Room (78 Photos): Do-it-yourself Steam Room And Washing Room Interior
Bath interior decoration - steam room, shower and relaxation room, what is the best way to arrange it? Simple rules and inexpensive options. What are the main features of finishing inside the bath?
White Kitchen (78 Photos): The Choice Of A Kitchen Set For Such An Interior, Design Features. Kitchen Decoration In A Modern Style In White With Wood, A Combination With Other Tones
Why is white kitchen good? How should you choose a kitchen set for such an interior? What are the design features of a light kitchen? What should you look for when choosing the perfect headset? How to match colors?
U-shaped Kitchen With A Bar Counter (41 Photos): Choosing A Kitchen Set For The Kitchen With The Letter P, Kitchen Design Ideas
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a U-shaped kitchen with a bar counter? How diverse are kitchen design ideas? What interior style would suit the best? Choosing a kitchen set for the kitchen with the letter P
Kitchen Set For A Small Kitchen (134 Photos): Choosing A Set For A Small Kitchen, Project And Design Of A Room With An Island, Options For The Size Of A Kitchen Set
How should a kitchen set look like for a small kitchen? The rules for choosing furniture for a small kitchen. What materials are modern furniture made of? What are the shapes of the models on the market today? Selection recommendations from specialists. Unusual examples of what a modern kitchen might look like
Turquoise Kitchen (62 Photos): Turquoise Tones In The Interior Of The Kitchen, The Choice Of The Style Of The Kitchen Set, The Combination Of Turquoise Color With White And Other Colors, Design Examples
Why is turquoise cuisine good? How to use turquoise tones in your kitchen interior? The most successful choice of style for a turquoise kitchen set