2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Equipping a one-room small apartment is not an easy task. As a rule, in such cases it is necessary to combine the functionality of two rooms at once in one space, namely the bedroom and the living room. But don't despair. With the right approach to design, you can create even in a small room of 20 square meters. m a cozy home atmosphere.
There are several ways in which you can divide a living space of 20 "squares" into two separate zones:
- visual separation, most often formed with the help of various wall designs, multi-level ceilings, built-in arches and multidirectional light sources;
- division into zones using podiums, furniture and additional design items;
- continuous division by means of a sliding partition, shelving, screens or curtains.
When zoning a room, the color design of the space plays a very important role. Choose a color scheme based on the amount of natural light in the room and your chosen design style. If there is not enough sunlight in the room, then it is better to choose light and warm shades for decorating walls and floors. Do not forget about the psychological component of each specific color. For the bedroom area, it is best to choose pastel soothing colors that will contribute to a wholesome night's rest.
In the living room area, you can use neutral colors - this way the separated parts of the room will be better combined and make up a single space, which is very important for rooms with different functionality.
Selection of furniture
When choosing furniture for a small room in which it is necessary to combine a bedroom and a hall, remember that it must be compact so that there is enough free space in the room to move. A lot depends on what shape the room has, is it rectangular or square, as well as on the number of windows, therefore, before visiting a furniture store, it is necessary to carefully measure the room around the perimeter, draw up a plan or project of future furniture with the exact dimensions of the items you need.
One of the best options for small rooms is convertible furniture.
The main set of furniture can be as follows:
- the bed for the bedroom area can be either double or one-and-a-half, and single;
- a bedside table or bedside table can also be placed in the recreation area;
- a wardrobe, shelving or a mini-wall can be effectively used to separate the space of the bedroom and living room;
- a comfortable sofa for the living room area can be traditional or corner, depending on the layout of the living space;
- a table in the living room is also necessary, and to save free space, you can purchase a pedestal table or a folding table;
- TV or home theater in the living area.
Such a set of necessary furniture in a room of 20 m2 will help save space without cluttering it with unnecessary things, and will allow you to comfortably place all the items you need in everyday life.
Room decoration for a man
Recently, interior designers are increasingly being approached by young men who want to create comfortable living conditions in a small space. Twenty-year-old boys who are just entering adulthood are increasingly making certain demands on their living space.
These include the following points:
- an individual style developed for the specific needs and requirements of a particular young person;
- maximum comfort. There should be no unnecessary and unnecessary things in a 20-year-old guy's room, convenience in everything is the main rule when planning the design of a men's room;
- rational organization of space, comfortable furniture for storing personal belongings and clothes. This is necessary to maintain constant order in the bachelor apartment;
- minimalism in the decor and decoration of the room. The design of the room should fully reflect the interests of its owner.
By adhering to these basic design rules, it is possible to create an individual atmosphere in the room, with features inherent in the character and aspirations of the modern young man.
Another important factor is the choice of a suitable design style that will highlight the best character traits of the home owner.
- Brutal style - one of the favorite design options for a modern man's premises. This design solution assumes minimalism, bordering on asceticism. In the room, decorated in the style of "brutalism", as a rule, there is no traditional finishing with wallpaper or colored plaster. Wall and floor surfaces can mimic concrete slabs, rough wood, or brickwork. The style also has a very restrained color scheme without bright, flashy accents, the main colors in the design are black, brown, white and gray.
Windows in a room decorated in this style, as a rule, do not hang at all, since this interior style requires good lighting from both natural and artificial light sources. The presence of curtains on the windows here will be simply inappropriate, as a last resort, you can equip window openings with stylish blinds. Furniture in such a room should be as simple and functional as possible. When furnishing, it is advisable to opt for simple and compact forms. The style does not allow for the placement of bulky cabinets and furniture sets. To store clothes and household items, you can also organize shelves and niches with drawers built into the walls.
- " Loft " Is another trendy style that is often used for the design of the modern man's home. Free space is important here, so if you want to use it to decorate a not too large room, you will have to develop a plan to optimize each square meter in the room. You may need to remove all walls in the apartment, leaving only the partitions separating the bathroom and toilet. Loft-style windows should also be as large as possible. Like the brutal style, this design option does not accept curtains and tulles. Maximum light and space - the basic rule of the "loft".
To decorate the walls, floor and ceiling in this design solution, the most incredible combinations of uncomplicated finishes with the latest innovations in the field of interior design can be used. It can be brickwork of walls in combination with LED illumination of a stretch ceiling. The main line in the design should still be an industrial motive. Also, for decoration, it is allowed to use vintage and antique interior accessories: paintings, panels or posters, including parts of the walls decorated with bright graffiti paints.
- Design style " high tech " also very much in demand among a strong half of humanity. The style combines seemingly effortless simplicity with the latest technological advances. As a rule, modern finishing materials, such as plastic, glass, metal, are abundantly used in the design of this direction.
" Hi-tech" is, first of all, the clarity of forms and the severity of lines . Multifunctional furniture with many convenient shelves and drawers is selected for the interior. To emphasize the rigor and correctness of the lines in the design, secret cabinets and shelves are often built right into the walls for storing personal belongings and household appliances. The main colors present in the design are black, white and silver metallic. Artificial lighting is preferred in this style, and there should be a lot of it. A lot of lamps built into the walls, LED ceiling strips and even spot lighting of the floor will be appropriate here.
The main "feature" of the style is the modern technique of huge dimensions. Widescreen TVs and computer monitors are the main focus of design and are displayed. For zoning space in such an interior, it is best to use sliding partitions made of frosted glass or thin metal. Additional decorative elements may be present here, such as paintings, figurines or frames with black and white photographs. It is important not to deviate from the main design line, not to overdo it with decorations.
- It is impossible to ignore one more modern interior direction, namely rock style design . This is a relatively new youth style, the main characteristics of which have not yet been fully formed. For young people who are fond of music, this style in the interior is very relevant today. Perhaps the main rules that should be followed for decorating a young music lover's room are simplicity and the absence of unnecessary items. For wall and floor decoration, you can use the basic principles of all the above styles.
Good lighting is also extremely important. It is great if the windows in the room are as large as possible, letting in a lot of sunlight. For additional lighting, it is better to use wall sconces and LED strips. A large ceiling chandelier in this style would be completely out of place.
You can use brighter colors in the design, curtains on the windows and cozy blankets on the sofa or bed will look good here.
Whatever stylistic direction you choose for yourself, first of all, you need to rely on your tastes and preferences, your style and rhythm of life and your ideas about optimal comfort and convenience, which are simply necessary in the frantic rhythm of modern reality.
Bedroom For A Girl (77 Photos): Interior Design In A Modern Style, A Loft And Other, A Bedroom Set For A Female Bedroom And A Beautiful Bedroom Design
Interior design in a girl's bedroom requires a lot of trouble, because often a room is a reflection of its owner. How to properly equip a room in a modern style, loft, classic and other directions? What kind of furniture to choose for a small space? What are the features of decorating a bedroom for a girl?
Yellow Bedroom (65 Photos): A Bedroom In Yellow Tones, Yellow In The Interior Of A Narrow Dark Yellow And Orange Bedroom, Design Of A Yellow-green Bedroom
A yellow bedroom will be a great solution for energetic and positive people. How does yellow look in a narrow room? What rules should be followed when decorating an orange bedroom? What decor will look harmonious in the room?
Children's Beds From 3 Years Old (62 Photos): Single Beds For Children From 3 Years Old, Folding Models For Twins From Italy
Children's beds from 3 years old are made of various materials, presented in various types from a large number of manufacturers. What you need to know about a manufacturer of children's furniture? What are the criteria for choosing a bed? What are the features of single beds for children from 3 years old? What folding models for twins from Italy are in demand today?
Baby Bedding For A Boy (21 Photos): The Choice Of A 2-bedroom Set For A Teenage Guy With Cars, Airplanes Or In A Nautical Style
Children's sleep should be healthy and sound. In order to provide your beloved son with good rest and recuperation after a long active day, it is necessary to take into account a large number of various factors. Among them are fresh air in the room, silence, a comfortable mattress and, of course, high-quality and comfortable bedding. What kind of baby bedding is there for a boy? What are the requirements for materials? What kind of bedding should be preferred for the little ones:
Apple Tree Seedlings (14 Photos): How To Choose The Right One For Planting In Spring? What Do Annual Seedlings Look Like At 3 Years Old? How Old Should They Be?
Review of apple tree seedlings species. How to choose the right ones for planting in the spring. What do annual seedlings look like, two-year-old and at 3 years old. What the rhizome should look like. General appearance of healthy apple tree seedlings