2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
To create harmonious and beautiful interiors, you should pay attention to all the details, be it furniture, decor or finishing of walls, ceilings and, of course, the floor. One of the most popular and versatile solutions is a light-colored floor covering. It looks organic in a variety of styles. Let's take a closer look at light-colored flooring materials.
Features: pros and cons
Today, the market for finishing materials is overflowing with products of different colors and performance characteristics. Some of the most popular are light-colored coatings. This applies to both flooring, wall and ceiling coverings.
This enviable popularity is easily explained by the fact that the light finish looks great in interiors of a wide variety of styles. So, a beautiful white or beige floor can be organized both in a classic and avant-garde direction.
Consider the pros and cons of light floors . Their advantages include:
- Visual effect. Many designers are turning to light colored flooring for their interesting ability to visually expand the space. This property is especially important when it comes to arranging a small room.
- Undemanding in the selection of color companions. It should be noted that light finishing materials look organic in almost any combination. You can easily choose suitable companion shades for them, therefore such coatings are classified as universal.
- On the surface of light-colored floor coverings, as a rule, no traces of dust are visible at all. Dark materials cannot boast of such advantages, on which dust immediately catches the eye, which is why they have to be vacuumed and washed very often.
- Design. It should be mentioned that light floors look very presentable and aesthetically pleasing. With their help, you can refresh the interior and emphasize its bright personality. Moreover, against such a background, almost any furniture seems brighter and more saturated, which has a beneficial effect on the image of the room and its perception.
But, despite all these advantages, light flooring has its drawbacks. These include:
- Markingness. Traces of dust are not visible on the surface of the light floor, but any other pollution on them is more noticeable and appears very easily. Because of this, many housewives refuse to buy such finishing materials, since they have to be cleaned too often, and this takes a lot of time. Also, light-colored floors are not recommended to be installed in the hallway, corridor and other spaces where it is easier to stain them.
- Color imbalance. Some finishing materials may lose their former attractiveness over time. For example, white linoleum can turn yellow when exposed to sunlight. It is unlikely that it will be possible to return it to its previous appearance.
Excessive use of light colors. If there are already too many light colors in the room, then the same floor will be superfluous
A large number of such shades in one ensemble looks inharmonious and "presses" on the eyes.
The light floor looks attractive in many interior styles. Consider several popular and harmonious ensembles:
- Classic . In a classic interior, the light finish looks wonderful. It is better to give preference to natural wood coatings. They are quite demanding to care for and are expensive, but they look really chic. Against the background of such finishing materials, high-quality and beautiful furniture from solid wood looks just wonderful.
- Provence . This style is distinguished by pastel colors and light textile materials that look amazing against the backdrop of a light wooden floor with a pronounced texture. These can be cozy and pleasant canvases in beige, cream, white or light ash shades.
- High tech . In this modern ensemble, it is worth using floor finishing materials with glossy, semi-gloss or matte surfaces. It is advisable to give preference to seamless monophonic specimens. To do this, you can use laminate flooring, special seamless tiles or light low-pile carpet.
- Minimalism . This stylistic trend also belongs to modern trends. In such interiors, as a rule, there are the most simple and laconic pieces of furniture and decor. The floor covering in a minimalistic ensemble should be as simple and unobtrusive as possible. It is better to choose plain options, devoid of colorful details and decorative prints.
- Country . For this rustic interior style, it is worth choosing light flooring with a pronounced natural wood structure. These can be solid wood canvases or their successful imitations (for example, parquet board or laminate). In the country style, floors look very good, on the surface of which traces of knots and natural damage are visible (the effect of weak processing).
Today in the shops of finishing materials you can find the following materials for finishing the floor:
- natural parquet board made of wood;
- porcelain stoneware;
- natural wooden board;
- self-leveling floor;
What doors are compatible with?
A door is an irreplaceable detail that no home can do without. The main thing to pay attention to is the compatibility of door leaves and flooring. They must be in the same style. For example, it is not recommended to combine a light wooden floor and a cheap plastic door in the room.
The main rule that modern designers adhere to is that the floor, doors and skirting boards should be made in the same color scheme. For example, the presence of a floor covering in a dark shade of wenge in the room forces you to buy door leaves and baseboards of a similar color.
Of course, a light-colored floor is less capricious, since many colors look organically against its background. For example, if the room has beautiful white coatings, then you can buy doors and skirting boards of both similar (light) and contrasting dark colors.
We select under the walls
A light floor should be in harmony not only with door leaves, skirting boards and window structures in the room, but also with the walls.
In this matter, you should adhere to the following simple recommendations:
A light floor in tandem with the same light walls will create a feeling of freshness and spaciousness in the room. However, if there is too much light in such a space, then it will lose all its outlines. Simply put, such a room will not seem spacious, but will become shapeless and cold. Combining light colors with each other, it is worth making sure that one of the elements is slightly different from the other in shade. For example, brown or beige floors should be combined with peach walls
- Light flooring, dark side walls, and light backsplash can all create an uncomfortable tunnel feeling in a room. If the space has a square layout, then in this case the "tunnel" will be quite appropriate, but if the room has a rectangular structure, then it is better to refuse it, otherwise all the furniture in the space will simply "be lost".
- Light-colored floor finishes and darker rear slabs can steal a sense of depth from a space. This can make the room appear smaller and cramped.
It's worth noting that most light tones look great when combined with contrasting and vibrant dark palettes. Designers claim that having a light floor covering, you can turn to wall decoration in absolutely any color.
The main thing that you should avoid is "impenetrable" monotony. It is possible not only to combine materials of the same color with each other, but in different tones, but also contrasting coatings. For example, a tandem of white tiles and red and white coatings on the walls will look bright and attractive in the kitchen.
In the living room or bedroom, it is better to refuse such catchy contrasts. Look for quieter and more neutral options. For example, pale brown wallpaper will look beautiful against the background of a beige floor. A similar combination can be followed in the decoration of the hallway. However, in such small spaces, it is not recommended to choose dark wall decoration, otherwise the room may seem even smaller.
Combine with curtains
When choosing curtains for a room with a light floor, it is necessary to adhere to the feeling of harmony and "purity" of the space. The choice of this or that textile should be suitable for the overall interior design. It is recommended to use light and airy canvases. Organza or chiffon are suitable for this. The curtain mounts can be anything you like.
In a dwelling with a light floor covering, the right lighting plays an important role. So, white floors bring additional light into the room, but this effect is possible only if there is high-quality natural lighting in the space.
If you only use one main chandelier in a room, the floor will appear pure white just directly under the light source. The corners of the room will appear dark.
In order to avoid an unnecessarily noticeable light transition in the room, it is recommended to place the lighting fixtures in the corners. Also, lamps installed next to various interior items will be a good solution. For this, sconces, floor lamps and beautiful hanging appliances are perfect.
Light floors are the perfect solution for many interiors. Today, many designers use such coatings in the design of a private house or apartment.
When choosing a suitable option for a light-colored floor, you can rely on some expert advice to transform your home and become more harmonious:
In rooms such as the living room and bedroom, it is recommended to use gentle and calm color combinations, and leave contrasting accents for other spaces, for example, for the kitchen. The fact is that there should not be sharp color changes in recreation and relaxation areas, since they can interfere with good rest and healthy sleep
It is not necessary to lay out a light floor in rooms prone to frequent dirt. For example, for a hallway or corridor, it is better to choose a coating of a chocolate or coffee shade. It will not reduce the space, but dirty footprints on it will be less visible
Do not be afraid of light-colored finishing materials, as they are undemanding in the selection of furniture. Both snow-white and contrasting headsets will find their place on such a floor. However, it should be borne in mind that too many light colors will distort the room and make it uncomfortable to be in it
- Take seriously the combination of floor and walls and curtains. These components only seem insignificant, but in the right ensemble they look organic and attractive.
- Don't skimp on lighting fixtures. Even a snow-white floor will not give the room enough light if it is not supported by high-quality and correctly positioned appliances.
Beautiful examples in the interior
The light floor looks attractive in a wide variety of interiors. Let's get acquainted with some successful ensembles:
- The seamless white glossy floor is the perfect solution for a kitchen with red walls adorned with golden prints and a white ceiling. In such a bright room, put a milky headset, a white round table and chairs made of red chocolate wood.
- Snow-white carpet is a demanding and easily soiled covering, but it is often chosen because of the amazing cozy effect that it brings to the interior of the living room. Such a covering will look great in a room with soft beige walls and a milky corner sofa with peach pillows. Dilute the "whiteness" of the room with paintings with contrasting abstraction and living plants in vases.
- It is recommended to use discreet finishing materials in the bedroom, so a soft cream or white laminate in such a room will look organic. Against its background, you can place a bed with metal legs and a wooden headboard and lay a dark blue blanket on it. In such interiors, it is worthwhile to have dressers and cabinets in calm brown tones.
- Snow-white seamless laminate is a great solution for a living room in a modern style. Against the background of such a coating, a snow-white corner sofa, a square white coffee table and a similar TV console will look harmonious. To dilute a large amount of light colors, you should lay a gray fluffy carpet on the floor, and hang dark gray blackout curtains on the windows.
- In the dining room with a light brown two-strip laminate, you can safely place contrasting furniture. For example, it can be a small table on black metal legs with a top that repeats the texture of the laminate, as well as black hard chairs with chrome legs. It is better to finish the walls in such a room with white plaster, and hang white lamps of simple shapes on the ceiling.
- A snow-white floor and an equally light ceiling will look contrasting, but attractive in a room with dark blue walls. In such a room, you can place a blue-black and orange bright armchair, a metal floor lamp with a black shade and a gray velvety sofa.
Such an interior will be far from the standard, but if you place a snow-white fireplace, a round chandelier and a large mirror in it, then you will achieve an amazing effect of a unique ensemble.
Light Laminate And Light Doors (60 Photos): A Combination Of A Walnut-colored Floor With Light And Dark Interior Products
A beautiful interior is a cozy home and a pleasant atmosphere. Thinking over it, they pay attention to the design of the walls, ceiling, and, of course, the floor. How to properly combine laminate and doors, for example, light laminate and light doors?
Gray Walls In The Interior (71 Photos): A Combination Of Light Gray And Dark Gray Wallpaper With Blue, White And Beige Colors. How To Choose Curtains And Furniture For The Bedroom?
Gray walls in the interior are not only not tasteless, but also modern fashion. The combination of light gray and dark gray wallpaper with blue, white and beige colors is very popular in the design of different rooms. How to use gray in interior design correctly? Do I need to dilute it?
Dark Interior (83 Photos): A Combination Of Wenge Color With Other Colors In The Interior. Dark Walls And Curtains, Dark Linoleum And Furniture In The Interior
A dark interior is an unusual and extravagant solution that is always relevant. How to properly decorate dark walls in the bedroom? In what style is the combination of wenge color appropriate with lighter tones? How to combine dark curtains with walls and other interior elements?
The brown sofa looks great in many styles and interiors. What shades are combined with light brown and dark brown models? What finish is the beige and brown option suitable for? What materials are sofas upholstered with?
Brown Kitchen (88 Photos): Green-brown And Chocolate, Dark Brown And Gray-brown, Yellow-brown And Other Colors Of The Kitchen Set In The Interior
The brown kitchen is warm and calm, it goes well with other colors and can be green-brown and chocolate, dark brown and taupe. What styles do these kitchens suit? What kind of character do they appeal to? What are they combined with?