2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
A wedding photo album is a great way to preserve the memories of your wedding day for years to come. Therefore, most newlyweds prefer to store their first family photos in this format.
Large wedding albums have several major benefits
- Practicality . It is much more convenient to revise photos stored in separate albums than on digital media. After all, newlyweds choose the best photographs for printing, avoiding duplicate shots and unsuccessful shots.
- Uniqueness . When ordering a photo album or decorating it with their own hands, each couple can choose their own unique design.
- Reliability . It is most convenient to store printed photos in a special album. So they will definitely not get lost and will not break in the future.
- Durability . A quality album will keep the memories of the wedding going for decades. Even after numerous views, its pages will remain intact, and the binding will remain intact.
A wedding album or photo book is also a great gift for the parents of the bride and groom. After all, the wedding day of their beloved children plays a very important role for them.
There are different types of photo albums on sale now. Before buying, it is important to study the features of each of them .
A traditional wedding album is a large book with a thick cover and blank sheets. Photos in such an album are attached with double-sided tape or glue, and also inserted into neat corners.
The big plus of these albums is that they are very easy to design . Blank pages provide space not only for photographs of different formats, but also for various inscriptions, stickers and postcards. A high-quality album of this type will serve its owners for a very long time.
The pages of such albums are sheets with an even adhesive coating, covered with a transparent film. Photos are attached to them with one easy movement. In this case, the back side of each image remains intact.
In such an album, in addition to photographs, you can also place various documents and valuable notes . But many users note that over time, the adhesiveness of the film deteriorates, and its surface begins to turn yellow.
Such modern albums are very popular now. Their pages are very dense. Photos from the wedding are printed directly onto them.
When creating such a book, the newlyweds themselves think over the location of the pictures on the pages . One sheet can contain from one to 6-8 photographs. Photobooks are pleasantly pleasing with their quality. Thick paper practically does not turn yellow over time.
Photos in such an album always remain in their places. The main disadvantage of such books is their high price.
Cover materials and design
Modern photo album covers are also different
- Magazine . These covers are the thinnest and softest. According to their characteristics, they are not much different from the pages of the album. Products with such covers are inexpensive, but at the same time they do not last very long. Therefore, they are rarely bought.
- Book . Any photo or image of your choice can be printed on the surface of these covers. They are denser and of better quality. This is a great option for those who want to buy themselves a beautiful album for little money.
- Wooden . Unlike paper counterparts, wooden covers do not lose their attractiveness over time. Very often they are decorated with curly carvings or thematic inscriptions. Albums with such covers look really luxurious and noble.
- From leatherette . Leather covers and leatherette products are also often used in wedding photo albums. Artificial leather products are pleasant to the touch and durable.
The wedding photo album cover design can be chosen by the newlyweds themselves . Most often, such photobooks are made out in light shades. Popular colors are white, lilac, beige and blue. The cover is either decorated with the best photographs of the young couple, or with beautiful relief inscriptions.
Modern albums can be produced in two types of binding
- Models with a classic spread are like regular books . Scrolling through them is not always convenient. Over time, creases and cracks may appear on such a binding. This spoils the look of the album.
- The second option is a binding with the ability to unfold the pages of the photobook by 180 degrees . Albums with such binding are more convenient to use. In addition, the spreads look much nicer in them.
When choosing a wedding album, it is also important to pay attention to its size. First you need to decide on the thickness of the photobook. The album can contain from 10 to 80 sheets. They fit on average 100-500 photographs.
Mini-albums are rarely ordered to store wedding photos. The most popular option is large models of 30x30 and 30x40 cm in size. Their spreads contain many joint photographs and various symbolic trifles reminiscent of the solemn day.
How to do it yourself?
Among all photo albums, handicrafts stand out especially strongly. An original album with an unusual design can not only be ordered from a professional master, but also made by hand. Making such an album will give a keen person a lot of pleasure .
When you start creating a thematic photo book, you first need to decide what will be inside
- Joint photo . A beautiful portrait of the bride and groom is usually found on the front page of an album. To start a book, you need to choose the most beautiful photograph.
- Children's photographs . If there are a lot of sheets in the album, on the first pages you can place children's and school pictures of the newlyweds. It is also worth posting there a photo from the times when the couple just started dating.
- Pictures from the registry office . A separate spread can be highlighted under the photo from the moment of marriage registration.
- Photos from the wedding . The main part of the album is filled with pictures from the festive banquet. For these spreads, it is worth choosing beautiful pictures of guests and newlyweds, as well as photos with various significant details, for example, an image of a bride's bouquet or a birthday cake.
- Postcards and documents . In addition to photographs from the wedding, you can also store a copy of the marriage certificate, invitations, as well as postcards presented by guests in the album. It's a great idea to keep the holiday menu in your photobook as well. Leafing through such an album, the bride will be able to relive all the pleasant moments of preparation for the wedding.
This list can be changed at your own discretion, focusing on your wishes and a set of materials for work.
To create an album from scratch, you will need:
- sheets of thick cardboard (500 g / m²);
- scrapbooking paper;
- hole puncher;
- tongs for installing blocks and the blocks themselves;
- satin ribbon.
Manufacturing in stages
- Cut out a 20x20 cm cover from cardboard (2 sheets) . To decorate its front part, prepare 2 more details, now 22x22 cm. Glue them to 20x20 sheets, tuck the excess on the other side. Glue a narrow strip of cardboard between them - this will be the spine of the photobook. Calculate its width depending on the number of pages that you will insert into the album. Now prepare 2 sheets a little less (19, 5x19, 5, for example), stick them on the back of the cover to hide the inaccuracies. Let the cover dry.
- Then, using a hole punch, make 2 holes in the spine . Insert the blocks into them, secure with tongs. Make photo sheets out of cardboard, make holes in them with a hole punch. Assemble the photobook by tying the sheets together with a satin ribbon (not tight). Start decorating.
A large number of details can be used to decorate the collected photographs and postcards
- Inscriptions . Some of the spreads can be decorated with thematic phrases or poems. If the album is made in advance, wedding guests can be asked to leave wishes and other warm words on one of the pages. Relatives and close people will do it with pleasure.
- Envelopes . Small paper envelopes can be attached to the pages of the album to store various little things. They can be either plain or handmade from scrapbooking paper.
- Bulky decorations . To decorate pages with photos, you can use dried petals or leaves of flowers, lace or satin ribbons, as well as volumetric stickers.
To store a photo album, you can also make an original cover or box, decorated using the scrapbooking technique. This will help not only extend the life of the commemorative book, but also make it unique.
When choosing an album for wedding photos, you should pay attention to beautiful finished products.
A neat photo album with a dark leather cover looks expensive and stylish. In its center is a beautiful ornate inscription on a gold background. Album pages look very simple, so when you flip through them, nothing distracts attention from the wedding photos .
This album is the complete opposite of the previous one. It will appeal to creative people. Photos on its pages are complemented by beautiful frames, notes with wishes and even small bows . This album looks very beautiful and original.
Themed photobook with a golden-beige paperback is made in a vintage style. It is decorated with a golden ribbon and a beautiful metal key. The names of the newlyweds are written in the center of the cover. The book is kept in a box tied with the same beautiful bow as an album with photographs . This means that over time it will not deteriorate and turn yellow.
Standard Photo Size For Photo Album (12 Photos): Options For Regular Photo Sizes To Album, Select Photo Size For Printing
What can be the standard photo size for a photo album? What are the options for the usual photo-to-album sizes? What should you pay special attention to?
Children's Photo Album (40 Photos): For A Girl And For A Boy From Birth, Large Options For 500 Photos For Children And Other Photo Albums
A children's photo album is an indispensable attribute of pleasant memories, a means to visually demonstrate to an adult the stage of his growth. It is not easy to choose an album from the existing variety of proposals for a girl and for a boy from birth
Photo Albums With Magnetic Sheets (31 Photos): How To Use An Album For Photos? What It Is? Children And Adults, 50 Sheets And Other Albums
Photo albums with magnetic sheets have become an alternative to products with film pockets, which have gradually lost their popularity. What is special about magnetic albums and what are they? What are the advantages and disadvantages of such products? What kinds of these albums can you find on sale? What are the characteristics of children and adults, 50 sheets and other albums? How do I use the Magnetic Sheet Photo Album?
Photo Albums For A Newborn (46 Photos): Album "The First Year Of Life" For A Boy And A Girl, Children's Personalized And Other Albums For Photos
The birth of a child is an important event to remember. How to choose photo albums for a newborn? Album "The first year of life" for a boy and a girl, children's personalized and other albums for photographs: how to do it yourself, what are the differences and features?
Scrapbooking Photo Album (58 Photos): Wedding Album For Beginners. Step-by-step Master Class For Children's Album And New Year's, Page Design
Scrapbooking photo album - how to make one? How to make a wedding album using scrapbooking technique for beginners? What styles are possible? What recommendations will be useful for beginners? Beautiful examples