2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
A correctly chosen photo frame decorates not only the photo, but also the interior. In the material of this article, we will tell you what kind of photo frames are, what materials they are made of, what their design is. In addition, we will show you what to look for when buying the best product.
Photo frames are non-trivial interior accessories. The perception of the pictures and the whole room as a whole depends on them. They give the images a certain energy. They can be independent design elements or part of a collage semantic composition .
Frames are variable in shapes, sizes, materials of manufacture, style.
They complement the image harmoniously. They are selected for the subject of the picture, taking into account the color design of the interior. They differ in the type of location, save images, combine in shape, color, events.
They can be installed in different rooms of the dwelling . The location also varies. They are used in the field of advertising, they are excellent gifts for various celebrations.
Photo frames can be classified according to different criteria. By the type of manufacture, they are production and exclusive (do-it-yourself).
By type of placement, they are desktop, wall-mounted and fixed to the refrigerator . In addition to traditional options, there are magnetic models on sale. They are divided into 2 types: regular and levitating.
Products with the effect of rotation and levitation (electromagnetic frames) are powered by electricity. In the off state, the frames are magnetized to the top of the stand. These modifications are one-sided and two-sided.
By the type of additional equipment, photo frames can be classic and with built-in lighting . Some varieties can be used as night lights. Others can be filled with photographs to create a changing panorama.
LED photo frames are in great demand among buyers . Luminous models participate in the zoning of space. They often become the main decorative design elements.
Energy efficient frames often make a positive difference to the interior.
Models with LED strip are also popular . They create unique lighting effects in space. Among other options, frames with LED backlighting are also relevant.
By the type of execution, the frames are single and modular . Variants of the second type reveal a specific event. These are a kind of frame collages that can be arranged in different ways. Layout schemes depend on the number of frames and taste preferences.
The location can be symmetrical, asymmetrical, diagonal, laconic, complex . Multi-frames can be geometric or non-standard. For example, they can make up a small panel in the form of puzzles in a contrasting color.
Different raw materials are used in the production of photo frames. It could be wood, glass, metal, plastic … In addition to standard materials, we use paper, wallpaper, cardboard, wood branches, felt, shells, plaster .
Extraordinary solutions include models with a finish from dried plants, ceiling tiles, plinths, knitting threads, CDs and even buttons. Let's note the features of the most popular materials.
Wooden photo frames are unique, eco-friendly, practical and durable. These frames are pleasant to the touch and hypoallergenic. Wood frames are classics. They fit perfectly into any interior, they can be traditional and painted .
Analogues made of finely dispersed wood fraction are covered with a laminated film. The texture of the film can imitate a wood or veneer finish .
Such frames are aesthetically pleasing and affordable. They have a variety of design solutions.
Metal photo frames are great for modern interiors. They are made from aluminum and steel. The products are quite stylish and high-profile. They are distinguished by impeccable style and high price . They can have a glossy, matte, satin type of texture.
Plastic photo frames are inexpensive and practical. Their weight is minimal, the color range is diverse. Plastic frames can have a wide variety of textures. The material perfectly imitates wood, metal, glass .
It is easy to care for, not afraid of moisture, and can be combined with other materials.
Glass photo frames add a special touch to the interior. They are versatile and have a special style. They can be classic and mirrored. They fill the space with lightness, provide for placement on horizontal and vertical surfaces . The disadvantage of the material is its fragility.
Textile frames are specific accessories. They are not suitable for every interior. These are models for such design directions as country, Provence, as well as some oriental styles . Woven frames are environmentally friendly, beautiful, but impractical. They are not resistant to moisture and quickly become dirty.
Plaster modifications are quite popular due to their originality. Most often these are exclusive products. Forms of framing are most often non-standard and voluminous .
The disadvantages of the material are instability to dampness, moisture, pollution. In addition, gypsum is quite fragile, so the frames must be protected from falls and mechanical damage.
Leather varieties give your photos a premium look. However, such models are very demanding on the subject of photography. They are more expensive than analogues from other raw materials. Practical, durable, easy to clean. They can have a different type of texture (under the skin of a python, turtle, zebra, leopard) .
Ceramic photographic frames are distinguished by their brightness. Products can be cast and made from separate fragments . Options of the second type are often complemented with beautiful baguettes. Most often, the frames are decorated with catchy drawings.
The disadvantage of the material is its fragility when dropped.
Plush bezels are nice to the touch. The textile base is quite durable and soft. The material itself is not resistant to dust, dirt and water. However, it can have a wide variety of colors. In general, this type of frame is not suitable for wet cleaning .
Digital frames are great gifts for friends and loved ones. They are modern gadgets with memory cards. Thanks to this, you can change the pictures at any time as you wish. These are miniature tablets powered by an electrical network .
Decorative yarn models stand out for their striking design. These are quite bright frames for pictures, they are presented for various celebrations . Often complemented by other decor, which is usually used for needlework.
The lack of raw materials is considered fragility and a quick loss of aesthetic appearance.
Shapes and sizes
Forms of photo frames can be classic and non-standard. Variants of the first group are geometric frames. These are models of round, square, oval, rectangular, diamond-shaped, hexagonal shapes .
In addition to them, in the lines of brands there are products with rounded, curly, heart-shaped edges. The shape of the frames can be flat and three-dimensional. On sale there are frames in the form of cubes, balls and even Christmas tree decorations .
Frame sizes can be small, standard and large
- Mini-variants are called pocket variants. Such frames are smaller than standard frames 9x13 cm.
- On sale there are frames with parameters 10x15, 13x18, 15x20, 15x21 cm.
- The dimensions of the middle frames are 18x24, 20x30, 21x30, 24x30, 25x35, 25x38 cm.
- The dimensions of large standard models are 30x40, 30x45, 35x50, 40x50, 40x60 cm. Rarely, in the lines of manufacturers there are options with parameters 50x70, 60x80, 80x120, 90x120, 100x140 cm. Most often, large frames are made to order.
The design of photo frames can be simple and laconic, strict geometric, luxurious with an ornate finish. Someone prefers to buy ordinary wooden frames in order to further decorate them .
Handmade frames are distinguished by their original appearance. Named models can have openwork carved decor. Frames are often decorated with felt flowers, shell trim, and lace braid.
Frames are decorated in different techniques of needlework. Models in scrapbooking and quilling techniques look unique. Salted dough options can also become original gifts.
Antique frames in retro style look beautiful. "Antique" products are in special consumer demand today. Vintage frames can have a bronze coating or craquelure surface texture .
Unusual models of wine corks are creative. They can beautify the interior of bachelor kitchens. Girls prefer more sophisticated photo frames . For example, it can be romantic multi-frames with inscriptions and the theme of love.
Typically, these frames consist of several horizontal and vertical frames . Their shape and width may vary. Usually, such models are performed in white, less often in blue or pink. The inscriptions are most often thematic (family, love, wedding).
Romantic models are decorated with voluminous and flat hearts and flowers . Marine frames are decorated with seashells, starfish, anchors. A keychain or key can become a decor for creative models.
Color solutions vary. In addition to the usual woody and neutral tones (white, silver, gray, graphite, black), there are color photo frames on sale. For example, wooden products can be painted yellow, orange, blue, red, burgundy.
How to choose?
The choice of model depends on its variety
- The selection of electronic frames has its own characteristics . It is important to pay attention here not only to the size and shape. The key points of choice are display resolution, brightness, viewing angle. Also important is the amount of memory, the number of picture formats. The standard aspect ratio is 4x3. For widescreen models, these parameters are 16x9. Such modifications make images more realistic. In addition to them, there are pocket varieties on sale. The optimal size is 7.8 inches. However, the higher the number of pixels, the better the quality of the picture. In this regard, the best option would be a 10-inch electronic frame with a 160-degree viewing angle.
- Choosing a digital model, you can take a closer look at products with additional functionality . On sale there are models in which, in addition to demonstrating the video, there is a music playback function. Playback formats may vary. In addition, when buying a digital product, they pay attention to the availability of options: an alarm clock, a calendar, a clock, and Wi-Fi support. The more additional options there are, the more expensive the model is.
- When buying magnetic varieties, pay attention to the power of the magnetic elements . Choosing traditional options, take into account the safety of images, the degree of their protection from external influences.
- The selected model should highlight the photo in the interior, make it the accent of the room . It is important that she draws attention to it and completes the interior design. The choice is based on the type and location.
- It is also important to take into account the interests of those for whom a specific product is selected . For example, for a creative person, it is better to choose a non-standard option. You can buy a model kit that a person can assemble and decorate at their own discretion. In the lines of manufacturers there are many models for fishing, hunting, sportsmen. In addition, the assortment of brands has a huge selection of products for decorating family photographs, photographs of christenings, birthdays.
- Paying attention to the type of material, take into account its practicality and design . For example, in a modern interior, you can buy a plastic frame, decorated with colored LED lighting along the contour. Wooden models have a glass insert for photography. Table-type varieties have legs. When buying, you need to pay attention to the density of the support material. The stability of the frame will depend on this.
- When choosing an option for a particular photo, take into account compatibility . The product should not contrast with the picture. Models in dark colors increase the brightness of the image tones. Dark photo frames accentuate the temperature of the tones of the photo. Products with the texture of metal, gold, silver are good for bright photos. However, they can discolor a light photo. The black frame is specific. It is not appropriate in every interior.
- The correct choice implies a sketch or plan for placing frames on a wall or shelf . When buying several items, you need to sketch out the plot of a future photo exhibition.
Where and how to place?
Design ideas can be very diverse. However, a lot depends on the shape and type of the product, as well as the task .
- If you want to surprise guests at the New Year's holiday, you can buy or make photo frames in the form of Christmas tree decorations . Individual products can be hung on a Christmas tree, a garland can be made from mini-frames.
- Photo frames look great on console shelves . They make beautiful and stylish compositions when placed in shelving cells.
- Single table frames can decorate rooms for different purposes . For example, they can be placed on dressers, dressing tables and bedside tables. This is a great location for modern digital and rotating frames.
- Models of a non-standard type (for example, a cube frame or a ball, a levitating model) look better in plain sight . Wall-mounted varieties are best grouped by event. They can be positioned in a line or along a selected sketch.
- The locations may vary . For the composition, you can use niches, ledges, walls in staircase areas. In addition, group galleries can be created on wall partitions.
- These collages look beautiful over the head of the bed . Also, interesting galleries are obtained when the frames are grouped in the guest area. For example, interesting combinations are obtained in the area above the sofa or fireplace.
- Subject compositions on the column walls look no less stylish . In addition, frames can be positioned to accentuate the dining area.
- When choosing a design, you can rely on different types of combinations . Collages look harmonious in the interior, in which each image has its own type of frame.
- You can choose frames for one module by decorating it symmetrically on both sides . The design of the gallery from multi-format frames also looks interesting. If desired, the composition can be decorated with voluminous numbers, letters, inscriptions.
- Photo collages with 3D clocks look spectacular . Modular plots with hieroglyphs are bright and expressive accents. The wall decoration with a composition combined with carved ornament (for example, foliage) also looks beautiful.
- Photo frames can be part of a large applique on the wall . For example, they can be peculiar leaves or fruits of a tree. This idea is relevant in that it can be used to design a gallery of the family tree.
White Frames For Photos (20 Photos): Black And White Wall Photo Frames Of Round And Other Shapes, White Frames For Large And Small Sizes
White photo frames are suitable for different styles: minimalism, classic - they add comfort and freshness to the interior. Round black and white wall photo frames are ideal for vintage monochrome shots to create a unique setting. Frames come in different sizes, the most popular of them is 10x15 cm, about it, as well as about other photo frames, see the article
Digital Photo Frames (65 Photos): Rating Of Electronic Photo Frames. How To Choose? How Does An Electric Photo Frame Work? Reviews
Digital photo frames - how to choose the right one for the price and quality? Rating of electronic photo frames
Double frames for photos in the interior - where and how best to place? Glass photo frames for 2 images and models from other materials - what to look for when choosing?
Photo Frames On The Wall (37 Photos): Wall Photo Frames On Ropes, Original Glass Hanging Models And Other Types
Frames for photos on the wall: design features. What materials are used to make photo frames? Wall photo frames on ropes and other beautiful examples
Illuminated Photo Frames (26 Photos): Luminous Levitating Photo Frame, LED Wall Light Frames And Other Models For Photos
What are the features of the backlit photo frame? What types of photo frames are there? What is the Luminous Levitating Photo Frame? What should be considered when choosing such a product?