2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Each person has photographs dear to his heart, which he tries to place in the most conspicuous place. If earlier they preferred to hang them simply on the walls, now in the modern interior of rooms you can find photographs on tables, cabinets and shelves. To give them a beautiful look, they use photo frames, which can be purchased both ready-made and made on their own from everything that is in the house - it can even be cardboard or paper.
What is required?
Today, photo frames are considered one of the most functional decor items, since they not only allow photos to transform, but are also a worthy interior decoration that attracts the attention of guests . Despite the fact that the market is represented by a huge range of these accessories, many people prefer to make them with their own hands, since it is much cheaper and allows you to embody any design idea into reality.
Before you start making such a craft, you must not only decide on its color, shape, size, design, but also prepare in advance:
- for the base of the structure - paper or cardboard;
- for fixing parts - a brush with soft bristles, PVA glue;
- to prepare a template and pattern elements - marker, ruler, scissors;
- all kinds of decorative "little things " (beads, pebbles, rhinestones, shells, multi-colored glass, peas, eggshells and coffee beans).
In addition to all of the above, you will need water, tweezers, a spray bottle, a paint brush and a can of paint (if you plan to paint).
How to do it?
Such an exclusive craft as a do-it-yourself photo frame made of cardboard is considered a very interesting decor item that will not only adequately complement a modern interior, but will also be a good gift for relatives and friends . The frame for your favorite photos can be made of almost any material, but most often paper or cardboard is used for this craft, while the latter is considered the best option.
It is inexpensive, can be processed and is available in every home. In addition, the cardboard frame is more durable than the paper one. It is recommended to prepare paper models for novice craftsmen; they are great for children who like to make gifts for their parents with their own hands. The technique of assembling photo frames from cardboard is quite simple, for this you just need to follow the following step-by-step guide .
- Primarily, need to make a template future product by cutting out two blanks. They should be larger than the photo you plan to frame. Usually frames are made in the form of a rectangle, but if you wish, you can experiment and create products of an unusual configuration.
- Then you need decide where you plan to place the frame - hang on the wall or put on a shelf. In the first case, it will be necessary to glue a small loop of rope from the back, in the second - to make a support in the form of a leg.
- Manufacturing is nearing completion decorative design , for which you can use various materials.
As for paper photo frames, their production ideal for those who are good at oriental origami art . Material for creativity can be found in every home, since after repairs in the pantry there are always leftovers of wallpaper and newspapers. Very interesting frames are created from paper, you can attract children to such an exciting activity and give them a fun master class. Products made from newspapers look especially gorgeous, which can be folded into separate tubes, and then weave a frame for photographs .
All frames, regardless of what material they are made of, can be simple and voluminous. Each of these types differs among themselves not only in appearance, design, but also in the technique of creation.
For beginners and children at first it is recommended to tinker with simple frame models . Their assembly scheme is simple: first, the material and the necessary tools are prepared, then a rectangle of the selected size is cut out of the cardboard, another similar element is cut out in its center using a clerical knife, but smaller than the photo that is planned to be framed. Then you need to cut out another blank so that the photo from the back of the frame turns out to be closed. You can decorate such a frame in a pre-selected way, for example, just draw something on it .
Bamboo frames look gorgeous in the interior . To create a simple photo frame, you will need baking paper or foil straws. They can be applied whole or cut in half. After that, the "bamboo" blanks must be pasted over with any wrapping paper and securely fixed to each other. As soon as they dry, you can start smearing the material with a brown putty, then sand and varnish everything.
Such frames look no less impressive. corrugated cardboard , they can be made in the above described way, then decorated with the same materials.
To fill the room with coziness, photo frames can be pasted over coffee beans . To do this, the main part of the frame is prepared from cardboard, then its front side should be pasted over with a cloth using Moment glue, and at the end of the work, fix the coffee beans on it. For a greater effect, the decorative elements are varnished several times, each layer must dry before applying the next one. Additionally, if desired, the frame can be decorate with carved cups, small flowers and bows .
Those who have learned how to make simple photo frames can make more voluminous compositions from cardboard, ready-made templates which are easy to find in any stationery store . In addition, the template can be printed on a printer and transferred to cardboard. The workpiece is easily cut out, then folds are made in certain places, and all frame elements are attached to each other with glue. In this way, you can independently make a gorgeous photo frame book.
How to decorate?
The photo frame is ready, now it only remains to decorate it in an original way, for which there are many different ways. Most often, decoration is performed with ready-made scrapbooking cuttings, rhinestones, fabric, colored ribbons, beads and design paper . In addition, photo frames framed with colored pencils, cocktail tubes, coffee beans, cereals and pasta will look no less interesting. You can also stick old postcards, eggshells, buttons, pebbles and shells on this accessory.
Many experienced craftsmen prefer to prepare frames using decoupage: in this case, they are not just "covered" with paint, but a special modern dyeing technique is used. When decorating a photo frame with semolina, buckwheat or millet, each grain is first glued to the outside of the frame separately, then they wait for everything to dry, and additionally varnished.
To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to apply several coats of varnish.
Today, homemade photo frames made of cardboard (paper) are very popular, since they can not only be hung as an unusual decoration on the wall, but also presented to your family and friends. There are many things to consider when creating framed photos to make your framed photos look good. So, the frame must be in harmony with the rest of the decor and beautifully complement the photo. For this it is important to pay special attention to the choice of colors and frame dimensions - otherwise the photo will simply be lost in it.
Creative examples of photo frames:
- An original gift for beloved men on February 23 … Such a homemade frame will not only be a great gift, but also decorate the room. In order for the hand-framed photo to match the theme, you need to use details such as stars and camouflage. It would also not hurt to glue ribbons of three colors, reminiscent of a flag.
- Photo frame on the theme "Golden Autumn ". The easiest way to create such a decor item is considered to be pasting a cardboard base with autumn leaves, previously smoothed with an iron. To make the leaves fit better on cardboard, they need to be dipped in hot water for a few minutes; for fixing, it is recommended to put the craft under a press. The finishing touch to the composition will be the coating of the leaves with varnish and the decor of the frame with acorns, which are easy to fix with plasticine.
- A frame for music lovers . A very interesting solution would be to frame an ordinary cardboard frame with music discs. As a standard, a base for a photo frame is prepared from cardboard and pieces of various sizes of irregular shape are cut from disks. Then, using tweezers, everything is glued, while the pieces should not be laid out close to each other. The gaps need to be carefully filled with paint, and the composition is ready.
Such a craft will go well with the rest of the decor items that have a mirrored surface.
- Frame decorated with colored paper napkins . Such a craft will look gorgeous in the kitchen. Napkins must be cut into small squares, crumpled and fixed on a photo frame. To make the product look complete, it is recommended to complement it with beads, sequins. This is not a difficult option for the design of the frame, even children can cope with it.
- Photo frame "Gifts of the Sea ". Many, after the summer vacation, bring various souvenirs from the resorts, which then gather dust on the shelves. So that the memories of a great time spent are always in sight, they can be used to decorate photo frames, choosing an interesting theme. For example, crafts decorated with small pebbles will look beautiful in the living room: sea pebbles can be left in their natural form, or you can show your imagination and paint them in bright shades.
Pebbles must first be sorted by size and laid out in random order or create an ornament.
- Frame "Magic nuts ". The photo frame, decorated with "golden" shells, will become a worthy decoration of any modern interior. To create such a fabulous composition on your own, you will need to divide the walnuts in half, lay them out on a sheet of paper and paint them with spray paint in golden color. After the elements of the composition are dry, they can be glued to a previously prepared base.
- Aroma frame … This photo frame will be a great gift for your friends. The craft will not only stylishly decorate the interior of the room, but will also give a pleasant aroma, conducive to a romantic setting. To decorate the frame, you can use cinnamon sticks, anise stars. All elements are fixed on the base with glue.
Their location is determined at personal discretion.
- " Merry spirals ". This idea is ideal for the smallest craftsmen who love to prepare gifts for their parents. In order to create a truly unique masterpiece with your own hands, it is enough to have double-sided tape and multi-colored curls from a twisted cord. One of the sides of the tape is released, the end of the cord is applied to it and the styling begins, consisting in twisting the cord in a spiral. After all the curls are ready, everything is fixed on a photo frame made of thick paper.
- Denim design . Even a child can “dress up” an ordinary cardboard frame in jeans. From old things, parts of a certain shape and size should be cut out, then they will need to be glued to the base. To ensure better adhesion of cardboard and fabric, it is recommended to press the future photo frame with something heavy and leave to dry. The finishing touch will be the design of the inner perimeter of the frame with a thin twine or twisted cord of bright colors.
Scrapbooking Photo Album (58 Photos): Wedding Album For Beginners. Step-by-step Master Class For Children's Album And New Year's, Page Design
Scrapbooking photo album - how to make one? How to make a wedding album using scrapbooking technique for beginners? What styles are possible? What recommendations will be useful for beginners? Beautiful examples
DIY Photo Frames (115 Photos): A Photo Frame From Scrap Materials And A Felt Frame For Photos. How To Make A Photo Frame From A Skirting Board At Home? Other Options
DIY photo frames - how to make from scrap materials, cardboard, paper, branches, etc. What does a plinth photo frame and felt photo frame look like? How to use knitting threads? How to make a craft from discs and salt dough?
Panel Made Of Paper: Do-it-yourself Volumetric Panel On The Wall Made Of Corrugated And Other Paper, Technique For Children And Adults, Examples In The Interior
A paper panel is an easy way to decorate a space. How can you do voluminous work on a wall made of corrugated paper with your own hands? What other material is suitable for the paper mural?
Do-it-yourself Cardboard Fireplace (100 Photos): How To Make A Cardboard Layout, A Master Class On Making A Decorative Product, Step-by-step Instructions For Creating A Design
Not everyone can afford to have a real hearth at home. A do-it-yourself cardboard fireplace will allow you to feel a special festive atmosphere. How to make a cardboard layout yourself? What size and shape to choose for such a design?
How To Make A Towel Bear? 23 Photos How To Fold A Towel In The Shape Of A Bear With Your Own Hands Step By Step? Step-by-step Master Class For Beginners
A towel bear is an inexpensive and enjoyable gift. How to make a towel bear with your own hands? How to fold the parts step by step and secure them correctly? How and with what to decorate a towel in the shape of a bear? How to present? Step-by-step master class for beginners