2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
A bathhouse built on a summer cottage is considered the best place to relax. To make leisure activities more comfortable, many owners are expanding its area by erecting functional annexes … Before you build them, you need to create a plan and choose the right building material.
Types of outbuildings
The annex to the bath allows you to receive a multifunctional recreation complex … Its construction is much cheaper than the construction of separate buildings, since the extension and the bathhouse are under the same roof and have a common foundation .
Several types of premises can be attached to the finished steam room.
If there is a bathhouse and a warm dressing room in the country, then there is usually a need in the completion of the shower room . The new frame dressing room is attached to the steam room when there is a need to equip additional space for storing things and firewood. The projects of steam rooms with a pool are also very popular, to which they attach a summer kitchen, a recreation room, a terrace (open, closed) or a gazebo .
This type of extension - spacious playground without glazing , which is formed around the perimeter by a low fence. The terrace protects the steam room well from rain and wind.
Depending on the location, several types of structures are distinguished
- Terrace erected in front of the entrance. It is used for zoning a resting place, a dressing room and a washing room. The size of such a terrace can be from 7 to 13 m2.
- Free-standing design. It is located next to the reservoir.
- A structure located along the perimeter of the bath. The structure protects the building from the negative effects of the external environment and is erected under the same roof as the steam room.
- Terrace on the second floor. It is the most complex type of extension, which simultaneously serves as a veranda and a balcony. During its construction, it is necessary to provide for good heat and waterproofing.
Terraces can be erected from any material, taking into account the design features of the main structure. For a comfortable pastime, a large table and chairs are installed in the annex.
This design can have different geometric shapes - polyhedron, rectangle and square. Gazebos are divided into several types .
- Open … Equipped with a canopy, wicker railings. These gazebos have no walls.
- Semi-open … The design provides for a curtain roof and a single or double-sided wall.
- Closed … Externally, they resemble pavilions, they are equipped with a half-open or open frame, panoramic windows. They are a good substitute for a living room or rest room.
There are also transformer gazebos. These are functional and very comfortable extensions built from sliding profiles.
This structure allows you to rest comfortably after bath procedures … The relaxation room is usually located next to the steam room. It can also replace the dressing room. If the area of the summer cottage is small, then it is recommended to build this extension from the outside of the bath.
This is the most practical and accessible type of extension to the steam room. Canopy happens several types . The most popular is the canopy designed to protect the porch from precipitation. It is made of polycarbonate or metal sheets in the same design as the steam room. Often, car and garden sheds are also attached to the steam rooms.
This type of extension acts as a continuation of the bath and allows you to expand the space of the sink, dressing room … Summer kitchens may differ in location relative to the entrance to the steam room. Most often they are erected in the form of a vestibule with a new entrance.
Extensions to steam rooms can be erected from various building materials, while they are most often used wood, foam blocks and bricks . The material, as a rule, is selected for the one from which the main structure is built. Before choosing a building material, it is important to consider its advantages and disadvantages, since the service life of the extension will depend on this .
This is the most demanded material in construction … It is practical and has durability, aesthetics, environmental friendliness and low thermal conductivity. Its minus: instability to decay, fire and moisture.
This material is ideal for the construction of any kind of extension, as it is the most durable . The brick is resistant to the negative effects of humidity, temperature extremes and fire. When choosing this material, it is important to consider that it requires additional hydro and vapor barrier.
For the construction of lightweight structures, foam concrete blocks are usually chosen, since they have an affordable cost, light weight and easy to install . Foam blocks are easy to cut, and during their installation there is no need to additionally strengthen the base of the main structure. The only thing is that foam block extensions require high-quality hydro and vapor barrier.
How to do it yourself?
Sooner or later, every owner of a summer cottage has to think about the issue of expanding the house or bath. Before you start building annexes to the bath yourself, it is important to take into account their design features and draw up a project correctly . If you plan to build a capital extension, then you must also decide in advance on the type of foundation. Most often, a columnar or strip foundation is chosen for this.
To erect a frame extension, the following types of work should be performed sequentially:
- draw up a project;
- choose a material (for frame structures, it is recommended to use a timber previously treated with antiseptics);
- establish a reliable foundation (it should be the same as the base of the bath itself);
- lay the waterproofing layer and seal the seam between the walls of the steam room and the extension;
- dismantle part of the roof of the main building;
- install doors and windows;
- carry out the interior arrangement, sheathing the walls with clapboard and placing furniture.
The construction of an extension made of wood differs from the construction of a structure made of bricks or foam blocks . But both in the first and in the second case, you should make an estimate, then clear the site. When erecting a frame structure, first of all, the lower crown is laid, then a bundle of the steam room walls with the lower crown is made and an angular connection "in a thorn" or "in a paw" is made. The walls of the extension should rise above the bath level.
When it is planned to mount the roof separately, the walls are raised 1-2 crowns from the lower level of the steam room. The seam formed at the junction of the bath with the completed structure must be sealed with glass wool on the inside, and filled with a vapor barrier on the outside and closed with a wooden strip.
As for the construction of outbuildings made of bricks or foam blocks, it has its own characteristics and consists of the following stages
- The site is being prepared for construction. To do this, the territory for the future structure is cleared around the perimeter - the top layer of soil is removed, stones, debris and vegetation are removed.
- The foundation is being established. First, a trench is dug under the concrete base according to the project, then holes up to 50 cm deep are drilled, and rods are hammered into them. Next, the trench is covered with a layer of gravel and sand, the strapping is welded, the formwork is laid out and it is poured with concrete.
- Foam blocks are being laid. It can be carried out on cement mortar or on special glue.
- The roof is being installed. To do this, it is recommended to wait until the walls sit down (2-3 months). It is difficult to install a common roof for a steam room and an extension, since you have to first disassemble half of the roof, and then reassemble it. Therefore, many craftsmen prefer to mount a separate roof, it is assembled in the shortest possible time from boards with a section of 15x50 cm and 10x40 cm.
- Upon completion of construction, the internal arrangement of the extension is carried out. Thus, everyone can attach a veranda, a spacious terrace or a gazebo to the finished steam room.
Examples of projects
Today there are many projects with annexes to the baths, thanks to which the pastime becomes comfortable. The most popular option is considered completion of a terrace with a barbecue to the bathhouse … To place a grill area on the site, the terrace must be spacious. The distance between the table and the barbecue is at least two meters. The brazier is being built with a chimney on a separate base, which must be foreseen at the beginning of the creation of the project.
As a floor covering for an open terrace, you need to choose sandstone or tiles . To protect against external influences of precipitation, the structure should glaze with plastic or sliding aluminum frames . In a closed terrace for laying floors, you can choose wood .
Particular attention should be paid to the interior design of the terrace .… It should be done in the same style as the steam room. We must not forget about the placement of furniture, wicker chairs and a large wooden table are ideal for the terrace.
No less popular are also projects of baths with a relaxation room equipped with a font . The lining of the mini-pool is made with tiles, its color and design are matched to the style of the rest room. The extension is recommended to be decorated in an oriental style, using mosaics and floral patterns, it can be built either from wood or brick. Furniture is selected from moisture resistant materials.
Steam room with attached veranda will allow you to fully relax not only for all family members, but also for friends. This complex should be decorated under a common glass roof and supplemented with a gazebo, a swimming pool, this will allow not only to eat, drink tea in the fresh air, but also to cool down. In order for the extensions to the steam room to look harmonious, it is important to observe the proportions in their sizes . So, for example, it is recommended to build a 2x4 m veranda to a 6x4 m bathhouse, as a result, the dimensions of the combined building will be 6x6 m. In the gazebo, you need to place several chairs, a bench and a table, put comfortable sun loungers next to the pool.
If desired, the steam room can be supplemented with other extensions . It all depends on the financial capabilities of the owner of the site and its size. Despite the fact that building outbuildings with your own hands is considered a difficult task, everyone can handle it. The most important thing is to correctly draw up a project and choose a building material .
DIY Photo Frames (115 Photos): A Photo Frame From Scrap Materials And A Felt Frame For Photos. How To Make A Photo Frame From A Skirting Board At Home? Other Options
DIY photo frames - how to make from scrap materials, cardboard, paper, branches, etc. What does a plinth photo frame and felt photo frame look like? How to use knitting threads? How to make a craft from discs and salt dough?
Extensions To The Country House (52 Photos): Projects, Covered And Closed Annexes In The Country. How To Make An Annex-bathroom With Your Own Hands?
Extensions to the country house may be different. What are the project options? What materials are covered and closed annexes made of in the country? What documents are needed to start construction?
How To Fold The Intex Pool For The Winter? How To Fold The Intex Round Pool Correctly? How To Put In A Box? How To Disassemble A Frame Pool?
How to fold the Intex pool for the winter so that it takes up a minimum of space and remains safe and sound? How to properly fold the Intex round pool and how does this procedure differ from working with square and rectangular products?
Pool Chemistry: What Reagents To Choose For An Outdoor Pool? Aqualeon Liquid Household Chemicals For Frame Pool Treatment And Other Options
Pool chemistry: what is it and what is its need? What reagents can you choose for your outdoor pool? How to deal with water turbidity and algae? How to use cleaners correctly?
Outdoor Extension Cords: The Choice Of Waterproof And Frost-resistant Electrical Extension Cord, Types Of Extension Cords With Moisture Protection For The Street
How to choose outdoor extension cords? What are the criteria for choosing a waterproof and frost-resistant electrical extension cord?