2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
In the bath, many people are used to washing and relaxing. Special accessories make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. A steamer is similar to a regular wash tub, but the design is slightly different . Experienced bath attendants know that this container is of great importance and must be chosen very carefully.
What is a steam bath?
Steaming bucket allows you to prepare brooms for use in the steam room … Outwardly, the steamer looks like a gang, but it is taller and larger in diameter. So, brooms can be placed in water up to the handle in the correct position.
Special lids with holes will help if the brooms float.
What is it needed for?
The capacity for the brooms is really important. Steaming them in the wrong bucket becomes extremely exhausting. The design of the steamer is designed in such a way that the broom is immersed in water up to the handle . If steamed incorrectly, it is almost impossible to enjoy the steam room.
Steam vials for a bath can have different volume . The optimal value is considered to be 12 liters or 13 liters. The 20 l capacity allows you to steam a large number of brooms at the same time. The accessory itself usually comes with a lid that has a hole for the herb handle. This allows you to simply immerse the broom and not follow the further process.
Capacity keeps water temperature for the right time and protects content from debris and the ingress of various foreign substances. Only a special device ensures the correct opening of the leaves.
Infuse tanks are divided into types depending on the shape
- High (vertical) … The broom is completely dipped into the water from above. The twigs spread out evenly and in a short period of time. Such models take up little space, so they are suitable even for a small bath. Users prefer vertical views.
- Low (horizontal) . In this model, the twigs are also steamed evenly. Only the position of the broom differs, here it lies almost horizontally.
Both types can be used with equal success. The main difference is only how much space the capacity will take up. All types fully comply with the requirements and standards . It all depends on personal preference.
Also steamers are distinguished depending on the configuration
- With a lid . The addition allows you to keep the water temperature longer. Also, the cover serves as a lock for the broom. This helps prevent floating up at the most inopportune moment. As a result, all branches are steamed with high quality.
- Without cover . This option is more affordable. In this case, an impromptu cover can be made independently from scrap materials.
It is better to purchase a steamer with a complete set . If the homemade lid does not completely cover the top, then the water will still cool faster than it should. The rope handle on the container allows you not to burn yourself. In some models, there is no rope, only holes for threading it.
Modern models of illuminated steamers are not only functional, but also decorative .… The body is made of acrylic and there are LEDs on the inside. During the steaming process, the water turns into a certain color.
By the way, the color and its saturation can be changed at your discretion. Usually, products are mounted so that only the upper part is visible.
The best steamers are made from natural wood … Nothing better has yet been invented despite its long history. Additionally there is steel, copper and plastic models . They are cheaper and easier to care for.
The best natural materials
- Linden … This option is not the most durable. Its service life is average, no more than a season. However, during the entire period, the product does not rot. The linden container can have an inner plastic or steel bowl. This allows you to increase the term of use. The wood is light and soft. You can often find models with a stainless insert on the outside for durability. These accessories are suitable for linden, maple and birch brooms.
- Larch … The most popular and widespread material. The service life is quite long. For several years, larch containers do not rot, deform or crack. The wood does not warp, has a neutral color and does not have a very pronounced texture. There are no additional inserts. Well suited for steaming oak, coniferous brooms. These bath accessories have special properties. The water is saturated with the smell of pine needles. When it evaporates, an aromatherapy effect is created.
- Cedar … Accessories are not subject to decay, this is their main advantage. In the manufacture, stainless steel inserts are used for strength. With prolonged use, the color does not change, the tree does not deform. Cedar containers are expensive because this material is rare and noble. The color can be yellow or yellow-pink. In such steamers, it is better to use oak, coniferous brooms. The rods receive additional antibacterial properties and allow you to more effectively fight skin ailments.
- Oak … The service life is really long, while the material is not subject to decay. There may be models with a plastic insert or metal. The oak pot does not change its original color. The water is saturated with a special aroma. It is worth using it to soak oak, coniferous twigs.
- Pine … Such bath accessories last longer than lime ones. Metal inserts extend their service life and prevent possible deformation. Better to use for steaming oak and coniferous twigs. At the same time, the steam is saturated with a pleasant aroma.
There are steamers from copper … They do not require special care, but they warm up quickly. You can accidentally burn yourself on their surface. Plastic the models are also easy to use, but do not last long.
Even a thermally resistant material is susceptible to deformation from contact with boiling water.
How to choose?
Experts say that it is better to use steamers made from natural materials. The main selection criteria .
- Cover and accessories . Hoops made of stainless steel or rattan will make the structure more durable. The presence of a lid and handles directly affects the comfort of use.
- Design . There are quite stylish containers with various decorative inserts. The most unusual illuminated steamer will additionally create a special atmosphere in the bath.
- Form . It is best if the lower diameter is larger than the upper one. This shape allows you to steam the broom as much as possible.
- Workmanship . It is important that the tree is good, properly processed. The presence of chips, notches will lead to the fact that the container will quickly fail. The whole structure should not creak, it is bad if the boards are loose. In a good model, all wood is held together with an environmentally friendly glue that is not afraid of water and temperature extremes. The material should be coated with wax or polyurethane both outside and inside.
- Volume . The capacity can hold 5-30 liters. About 5-10 liters is enough to steam two brooms at the same time. It is this option that is considered optimal.
- Functionality … Usually, you can not only steam brooms in a container. Many models allow you to brew herbs or dilute aromatherapy oils. If there is such a need, then you need to take this into account before choosing.
- Harmony … The steamer must fit into the design of the bath. It is important that it takes up little space in the dressing room during storage.
Use and storage
The main problem when using wooden steamers is flow … Boards are constantly increasing and decreasing in volume, so gaps in the structure can easily appear. Proper care will increase the life of the container. Important tips for using and storing your steamer .
- Before use, pour boiling water inside, then pour out and rinse the container with hot water. Only then fill in the composition for brooms. This simple treatment removes dust and dirt.
- After using the accessory, put them out of the steam room and pour boiling water over them. Then rinse again with hot water, wipe and dry.
- You can store your bath equipment only in a dry and dark place. The room should be warm, but it is important not to leave the container near heating sources. Also, the container is not left in the sun.
- If cracks appear on the tree, it must be urgently processed by pouring cold water several hours before steaming the brooms. The tree will be saturated and swell a little. This will be enough to keep the water from flowing out. Such processing allows to extend the life of the container by 1-2 months.
- In general, it is worth getting ready for the fact that one steamer with regular visits to the bath serves no more than two seasons. If the container is leaking, then it must be replaced.
- The tree may become darker during use. This process is quite normal for a material that is constantly in contact with water.
Oak brooms accelerate the shade change of the container.
When And How Are Birch Brooms Prepared? How Are They Collected And Prepared For The Bath? How Do They Knit? What Time Can Birch Brooms Be Prepared?
When and how birch brooms are harvested. The folk calendar recommends doing this on Trinity, as well as 2 weeks after the holiday. Experts recommend focusing on the biological growth rates of birch. Read more about the optimal time for harvesting brooms, as well as how they are assembled and prepared for a bath, how they knit - in the article
Harvesting Brooms For A Bath: What Are The Brooms For A Bath And When To Harvest? How To Knit Correctly? When Are Brooms Harvested?
Preparation of brooms for a bath and its features. What are the brooms for a bath and when to harvest? How to knit correctly? When are brooms harvested? Tips and tricks, especially the selection of raw materials
Birch Brooms (15 Photos): Are They Better Than Oak Brooms? The Benefits And Harms Of Brooms For A Bath. Properties Of Birch Leaves. How To Store Brooms?
Birch brooms: features, benefits and harms. What are the main properties of birch leaves, in what diseases do they help? Why are birch brooms better than oak brooms? How to properly prepare and steam brooms for a bath?
Oak Brooms (23 Photos): The Benefits And Harms Of Brooms For A Bath, From Canadian Oak And Other, Preparation Time, How To Store And Dry
Oak brooms are great for going to the bathhouse. What are the benefits and harms of bath brooms? How to choose from Canadian oak and other oak? How long does the blank take? How to store such brooms correctly?
Sofa Cover (76 Photos): A Cover On An Elastic Band For A Sofa Without Armrests, A Removable Cover With Your Own Hands, A Stretch Cover Made Of Fabric That Takes The Shape Of A Sofa
A sofa cover is able to protect furniture from negative external influences. What types of elasticized sofa covers for a sofa without armrests are in great demand today? How to make a simple detachable case with your own hands?