2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Since ancient times, people associate the fire of the hearth with peace and comfort. There are no heat problems in a modern apartment with central heating. But many are striving to establish at least an imitation of a real fireplace, because thanks to such a hearth, a center of attraction for all family members will appear in the house.
Features and Benefits
Decorative fireplaces have a number of advantages.
- Unlike real ones, artificial counterparts do not cause problems in terms of their operation: you do not need to clean ash and remove soot, you do not need to monitor the chimney so that it does not clog.
- The fire hazard is minimized, since some fireplaces are complete props and do not require any attention in this regard. Others are modern designs that are safe in their design, because the false fireplace does not have a chimney, you do not have to worry about possible problems with carbon monoxide.
- To install a decorative fireplace, you do not need to plan and equip a place for it in the room, taking into account the installation of a chimney and other required elements.
- Falshkamin can be rearranged from one room to another or even taken away, for example, to the country.
- You don't have to stock up on fuel and store it somewhere.
The peculiarity of such a structure is that it plays an aesthetic function ., although it can also play the role of a heater. A decorative fireplace, if desired, can be purchased at the store. Outwardly, it will be difficult to distinguish it from the present. Tongues of flame, characteristic crackling of logs - all this is successfully imitated by modern models, although this pleasure is quite expensive. But if there is no extra money or a desire to spend it, you can make an artificial hearth yourself.
Fake home fireplaces can be divided into types according to several parameters. For example, they may differ in the degree of their realism. In this classification, several types of fireplaces are distinguished.
- Credible . Such fireplaces are not much different from full-fledged hearths. They have everything that is inherent in a natural "brother", except for the chimney - this is a portal, and mantels, and even an imitation of a flame. Among the store copies, they are one of the most expensive designs. But you can make a completely realistic copy with your own hands if you have enough skill and skill in working with the appropriate materials.
- Conditional . They look much less like a real hearth, although they look great. They have a portal with a niche, but in reality they may just be a figured ledge on the wall. You can put real firewood or a props similar to them in a niche. Due to the illumination with candles, LEDs or light bulbs, it will even be possible to create the appearance of a play of fire.
- Symbolic . This is a conventional image of a fireplace in the form of a picture or a collage of boards and plaster.
Depending on the location, there are also several types of decorative fireplaces
- Wall-mounted - This is the most popular option, more than others resembling an open oven. A characteristic ledge is created on the wall, forming a portal with a mantel. Most often they put firewood in a niche and create a fake flame.
- Built in . It can be an electric hearth, which is a frame with a display placed in it or a device with the effect of a living flame. At its core, it is a modern built-in electronic device in the form of an LCD monitor with a photo and video frame, which reproduces certain recordings. If you get bored with such a fireplace, you can easily turn it into an aquarium by uploading a video with the appropriate theme.
- Angular - this is the same decorative hearth as the wall one, only a place is allocated for it in the corner of the room. This placement of the hearth is beneficial in that it allows you to save free space in the room.
Also, decorative fireplaces can be subdivided according to the principle of their work
- Electrical . For the first time such devices were used in England more than fifty years ago. Today this type of electric heater is used quite often. This device is easy to install, does not create smoke and beautifully simulates fire with the characteristic crackling of logs.
- Gas . For the construction of such a hearth, good ventilation is needed, the fireplace itself runs on propane-butane. The burner is made in the form of logs, the strength of the flame can be adjusted. In this sense, the principle of operation of the device is not much different from that provided for in a conventional gas oven.
With the help of such a fireplace, it will be possible to really warm up a small room. It should be borne in mind that when purchasing a device, its installation will have to be coordinated with the gas service. Moreover, such a fireplace cannot be used in apartments located above the tenth floor.
- Bio fireplaces . They are among the fairly recent inventions, and therefore the price for them is quite high. These hearths give a feeling of warmth from a real flame, they work on ethanol. Can be crafted from stone, metal or glass. They are considered completely safe devices, do not create a child. Therefore, their installation does not require a system with a pipe and other attributes of a real fireplace.
According to their heating ability, decorative fireplaces are of two types
- With a heater . A heating device can be built into the structure, which makes it possible to work an artificial hearth without heating or with it, depending on the desire of a person.
- No heater . Built-in fireplaces belong to this category. They work like a television, displaying flames purely for beauty. A fireplace in our time can be called any hearth, at least somewhat reminiscent of a home construction. A fake fireplace with candles also belongs to the category of decorative fireplaces and can create a unique festive or intimate atmosphere, for example, in the living room.
Whichever option is chosen, it is important that such a design does not contradict the general style of the interior.
The designs of modern fake hearths may vary. For example, a classic fireplace has elements such as a portal and a niche. Logs, coals, candles are placed in the firebox of this structure. There are variants of this design without a portal. The category of such models may include, for example, glass specimens.
There are no predetermined sizes of decorative fireplaces, unless we are talking about specific products offered in the store. Often it all depends on the room in which such a thing will be installed and how ambitious the owner of this jewelry is. Modern materials allow you to implement any scheme.
Someone needs a large hearth, but someone needs a mini option . This can be, for example, a candle fireplace with a depth of only 15-20 cm, which is quite enough to place a composition of decorative candles there.
A fake hearth can be crafted from a variety of materials.
- With the help of a stone . The most expensive decorative structures in terms of appearance are obtained from natural stone, and granite, marble, malachite and other similar materials are most often used for decoration. You can also use an artificial stone.
- From drywall . It belongs to one of the most accessible materials. Construction from such material will be the simplest. For the implementation of the idea of / u200b / u200bimplementing a decorative fireplace, there may be enough stock left after the next repair.
- Using a brick . Thanks to this material, a completely realistic model of a classic hearth can be made.
- From glass . The fireplace in the glass looks unusual and stylish, and it looks not bulky. Refraction of light in the glass surface makes the play of the flame fascinating. It is not easy to create such a fireplace on your own - it is better to trust a professional.
- By means of polyurethane . Such material makes it possible to create an imitation of a real hearth without large financial costs. Portals of the most bizarre shapes and colors are obtained from gypsum. This material is characterized by impact resistance, heat resistance, ease of installation and durability.
- With plaster . This is a fairly strong and inexpensive material, from which it is not difficult to make a portal of any shape. It does not conduct current, and therefore you can safely create a frame for an electric fireplace from it. Gypsum is notable for its fire resistance, so that it is not afraid of the neighborhood even with a real fire. It is no coincidence that gypsum decorative fireplaces are widely used in modern interiors.
- Styrofoam . A Styrofoam fireplace is a cheap solution to the problem of decorating the interior of an apartment. With a little ingenuity, accuracy and patience, you can get a completely worthy version of the deceiving hearth. You can insert a screen into the foam frame, simulate the burning of logs using LEDs, or install light candles in such a fireplace.
In addition to such common materials, at first glance, completely unexpected specimens can go into business: even a box from under household appliances can act as a building material. Plywood, laminated boards and other things on the farm can also become the basis for a decorative fireplace, if only there is enough imagination to use them.
There are a great many design options for a decorative fireplace. Depending on its functional features, a variety of materials can be used to decorate the portal itself - these are paint, stucco, decorative plaster, and tile, not to mention both artificial and natural stone.
Decorative candles or candelabra can be installed on the mantelpiece , which will be a great addition to live or artificial fire. The lovely statuettes from the collection, for example, with cats or dogs, will also find their place here.
It is better to arrange the false hearth itself in the form of a showcase, in which toys, books, framed photographs and even a clock can be placed on prepared shelves. If desired, you can even place a bar in such a fireplace: put the bottles in a niche, and sparkling glasses on the mantelpiece.
If you install a mirror above the mantelpiece, this will make the space of the room larger.
How to choose?
Compliance of the fireplace with the general style of the interior is one of the most important components in its construction. This should be guided by both when choosing a ready-made hearth in a store and when installing a structure on site.
When making a decorative fireplace on your own in a classic interior, it is preferable to create a square-shaped portal. In order for it to match the style of the general setting, it is better to decorate it with stucco moldings, bas-reliefs. Jewelry in the form of stones similar to precious ones will also fit well here. The cladding should be marble or brick.
Manufacturers offer various models of fireplaces , which are made in the style of modern, classics, bionic, rustic, in the Russian style. For a country or rustic room, a hearth made in rough materials is suitable. For decoration, sandstone or shell rock can be used. Excessive decorations will be out of place here.
In a modern style interior, it is best to install a fireplace created using reflective materials.
For a high-tech style, a design with sharp corners of mirror elements is suitable. This style will be matched by the minimalistic shapes of the fireplace. Best if it runs on biofuels.
The bionic style involves references to nature. In this case, the blende hearth is better designed in smooth lines with a characteristic flowing decor. Natural colors and shapes, as well as ethnic notes will be very appropriate here.
Naturally, when choosing a suitable option, you need to be guided by other parameters, for example, take into account the principles of the fireplace, its weight, since some decorative hearths may be too heavy, which is not always acceptable.
How to do it?
Creating a decorative fireplace for your home is real creativity. However, to implement a plan for the construction of such a dummy with your own hands, it is not enough just a flight of imagination - here you need to rely on a specific scheme and drawings, guided by which you will be able to avoid annoying mistakes.
Step-by-step instructions for creating a falshkamin from gypsum cardboard
- It is necessary to prepare tools and materials. You will need drywall, slats or metal profiles for the frame. Also for work you need a knife, tape measure, self-tapping screws, a building level, a circular saw, a screwdriver, putty, as well as paint, film and some other materials that are best used as intended by the builder.
- The location of the hearth should be chosen and a sketch of the structure should be sketched, taking this factor into account.
- Then you need to mark the guides on the wall.
- Attach the rear supports to the wall, and then start assembling the rest of the frame and the future firebox.
- Sheathed the formed frame with pre-cut gypsum board.
- Putty the seams.
- Decorate the fireplace.
Building a fireplace is often not so difficult, because it is much more difficult to reliably depict a decorative fire. The easiest way is to install a screen that will demonstrate the game of flame, but only technically, and not for money.
Garland wrapped on logs is a cheaper option . She hardly pulls on tongues of fire, but it can turn out very elegantly. This is a good solution just for a plasterboard fireplace. Mirrors are well installed in it. If you put beautiful candles in a niche, the fire reflected from the mirrors will create comfort in the room.
Another way is to place a small table lamp in a homemade fireplace, hiding the wire so that it is convenient to turn it on and off. The firebox can be covered with a translucent yellow or orange film.
Beautiful examples in the interior of rooms
The fireplace, finished with rough stone, creates the atmosphere of a medieval castle in the house.
As an attribute of the New Year's holiday, the fireplace has no price. Decorated with garlands, it brings a unique feeling of family coziness that everyone aspires to.
A candle fireplace is an elegant and simple solution for creating a cozy corner in the room. Together with the TV set above it, it is able to attract all the inhabitants of the dwelling.
You will learn how to make a decorative fireplace with your own hands from the following video.
Do-it-yourself Fireplace (180 Photos): A Portal For A Fireplace, How To Make A Structure, Step-by-step Instructions For Laying A Homemade Product For The New Year
You can make a fireplace with your own hands. What is a fireplace portal? How to make a structure yourself and what materials should you use for this? What types of fireplaces are there and what can be placed in an apartment, and what in a private house?
Dimensions Of Electric Fireplaces (21 Photos): How To Make Measurements With Your Own Hands, How To Make An Electric Fireplace, Step By Step Instructions
There are various sizes for electric fireplaces. How to make measurements for a future artificial hearth with your own hands? How to make and maintain an electric fireplace? What parts should be in the device?
How To Decorate A Fireplace? 39 Photos How To Decorate A Structure For The New Year With Your Own Hands, How To Decorate A Mantel By Spring, Decorate The Wall Above The Fireplace
How to decorate a fireplace for Valentine's Day and Easter? How to decorate a structure for the New Year with your own hands? What are the safety measures when decorating a fireplace? How to make a fake fireplace from old boxes?
Chipboard Stool (23 Photos): How To Make A Stool With Your Own Hands According To Drawings With Dimensions? Features Of Homemade Stools
How to make a good chipboard stool? What tools are needed to assemble a stool with your own hands according to all the drawings? Is it important to keep track of the dimensions of the structure? How to choose the right material for all the work?
Homemade Walk-behind Tractors (30 Photos): How To Make A Walk-behind Tractor With A Box From "Zhiguli" And A Rear Axle From A VAZ With Your Own Hands? How To Assemble An All-wheel Drive Device Yourself According To The Drawings At Home?
Homemade walk-behind tractors are devices that are in demand in any private household. How to make a walk-behind tractor with a box from old Zhiguli and a rear axle from a VAZ with your own hands?