2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Today, there are many manufacturers of fireplaces, so very often, when choosing, you have to take into account several criteria. For some, a fireplace plays the role of a beautiful decorative decoration for the home in the best traditions of classic comfort, someone needs such a product for quite practical purposes, such as heating their own home in the cold season. For tasks like the latter, a cast iron fireplace is the best fit.
Features of the device
The principle of operation of heating cast iron fireplaces is quite simple. They consist of a firebox (a container for burning wood), located in a cast iron body. The firebox is made of heat-resistant materials. For exterior decoration, materials such as tiles and bricks are often used. In this way, high temperatures are maintained and performance is not compromised. The cast body does not require finishing, it is covered with various ornaments. There are models in which there is no door covering the firebox. Closed fireplaces are more in demand.
The grates, which act as heat sinks, are also made of cast iron. Ash pans are located under them, the body of which can be removed without unnecessary effort for cleaning.
Cast iron fireplaces, whether they are pellet or wood burning, need chimneys , which are needed to remove combustion products. A damper is a required attribute of such an aggregate. The pipes are made of stainless steel and are most often embedded in walls. Cast iron fireplaces seem simple, but in reality they are extremely functional. In addition to their main functions, they can be connected to heating and water supply systems, and thus provide hot water. In addition, they provide a high temperature that allows the use of hobs instead of an oven.
Advantages and disadvantages
By purchasing a factory cast iron fireplace, you can avoid hiring a professional stove-maker, save most of the budget and save yourself from various problems arising from mistakes during construction. Installing ready-made equipment is not too difficult, you just need to do everything according to the instructions and not ignore safety precautions.
The low weight of cast iron devices allows them to be installed directly on the floor without any foundation . There are small models that can be placed on two floors of buildings at once. Another advantage of such units is mobility. They can be moved to other premises, taken to the dacha, and also sold if you need to replace the hearth with a new one.
The main advantages of such boilers can be summarized in several capacious phrases:
- a cast iron fireplace is the most affordable source of heat, as it has a low cost;
- cast iron effectively accumulates and gives off heat, perfectly heating any room;
- cast iron fireplace can be decorated and decorated as required by the interior of the room;
- the product is easy to install due to its low weight, it does not require the creation of a separate foundation;
- long service life saves money;
- modern models are safe and comfortable.
The disadvantage of this unit is that cast iron is a rather fragile material, so the transportation of such fireplaces should be as careful and careful as possible. Also, a cast iron stove needs a fairly high chimney. The material is not resistant to sudden cooling (it can crack if cold liquid gets on the hot surface).
There are several types of cast iron units. All of them are wood-fired, but in order to acquire a worthy thing, you need to familiarize yourself with all the features of each type.
- Heating fireplaces can only heat one room. These models are installed in addition to the main heating in order to make the home more comfortable and raise the temperature in the event of a failure of the main heating system. This type of device is great for summer cottages and small country houses. Such foci heats up quickly and retains heat for a long time. They run on wood or other solid fuel.
- Heating and cooking . Fireplace stoves with a hob are a great option for summer kitchens, summer cottages and houses in the countryside. These models assume a stove that allows cooking and heating water directly over the fireplace.
- Devices with a water circuit are a good substitute for a hot water boiler and are used when there is a need to organize heating of two or three rooms.
Since cast iron is fragile, the fireplace should be inspected for cracks immediately after unpacking. If you use a cracked oven, this will lead to unpleasant consequences, therefore the use of a product, even with minor defects, is highly undesirable. Usually, instructions are attached to the unit to help with installation. It is necessary to carefully study it, since devices from various manufacturers have their own nuances of operation.
Next, it is worth checking if all the parts are in place. Most often, additional and attachments are located in the firebox. If the kit includes removable legs, it is necessary to turn the unit over and lay it on the back wall, and then attach the supports and put the stove, having previously checked its stability. If there are no adapters of the corresponding configuration, you must purchase them separately. Many models have an outlet on both sides, then a removable plug determines the place from which smoke will come out.
If you need to move the oven, you should lift and carry it, not drag, as the equipment has fragile supports.
Before choosing a place to install the oven, you should carefully examine the surrounding objects and evaluate what materials they are made of. The unit should not be placed too close to objects that are flammable. These include furniture and wooden walls; textiles for any purpose also present an increased fire hazard. Before starting the installation, you should check the quality of the flue material. It should not have any cracks or crevices. It is necessary to monitor the patency of the chimney during the first fire; during testing, the fire should be as strong as possible. At this stage, you can determine if there is sufficient draft in the firebox.
It is necessary to take into account that the firebox of the cast-iron unit works efficiently, a constant flow of air is required . In its absence, oxygen in the room will be burned out, which will lead to bad consequences. It is recommended to install a deck made of non-combustible materials over the stove. Options such as a sheet of roofing iron or a tiled space will work. The small space in front of the fireplace should be fitted with a curb to prevent the hot coals that fall out of the stove from rolling out.
A cast-iron stove of the "potbelly stove" type is not only a heating device, but also an attractive element of the interior. It can be either decorated or left in its original form, since there are currently a large number of interesting and original models that can decorate the interior. In order for a certain authenticity to be traced in the design, you can purchase models in the minimalist style. Miniature, neat and not bulky potbelly stoves will undoubtedly decorate any room.
Despite the fact that the structures are cast-iron and supposedly unsightly, you can use the device as a decoration tool. Doors made of heat-resistant glass can be a guarantor of fire safety, as well as contribute to a pleasant and cozy atmosphere in the house. If you add a chimney niche to the stove, it will become a real personification of the English style. A fireplace built into a niche is a good idea for a cozy interior. You can sheathe the stove with non-combustible decorative materials to make it safer and more aesthetically pleasing.
If you thoroughly study the reviews of cast iron fireplaces, you can see many positive reviews. Consumers believe that such units really have a long service life, are quite durable and easy to maintain. The rating of the best fireplaces includes both foreign (Italy, Poland, France) models and domestic counterparts.
- The most successful and demanded company is Bayern Munich … The production produces devices with stoves, ovens, as well as combined options. Such units are capable of performing several functions: to heat the room and help in cooking. The model "Prismatic" is quite original, it has a stove for two burners.
- For summer cottages and country houses, fireplaces of a Russian company turned out to be a good option. Brandenburg … With this model, you can save fuel consumption, and for greater aesthetics of the burning flame, it has a glass cleaning system. Thus, the fireplace creates a pleasant and warm atmosphere in the room. Stylish ceramic inserts on the sides give the device a certain zest. One of the positive qualities of Brandenburg is its high heating capacity. The stove uses a minimal amount of fuel, but heats the room perfectly.
- Fireplace stove " Meta Narva " has an ergonomic size and fits perfectly into a classic design. It will fit in a small room such as a hallway, kitchen and others. It is also possible to warm up and cook food on it, which is extremely convenient. The model heats up the air in the room in 20 minutes. The owner will be able to regulate traction and create the most comfortable atmosphere for themselves.
- Polish model called Ambra by Eurokom also able to heat the room and allows you to cook food. It has an attractive design, an original door shape and an interesting pattern. The model includes a special cover that covers the stove after cooking. High-quality assembly, hob, excellent heat transfer, long burning are just some of the list of positive qualities of this unit.
- Extremely spacious and comfortable cast iron stoves from Asti are a real godsend for those who need a device that is easy to care for. In order to maintain good draft in the firebox, the stove has an aesthetic vitroceramic glass with air blowing and a protective comb.
- European manufacturers Jotul and Verdo make a large number of excellent fireplaces that are resistant to extremely high temperatures. They are also easy to clean. These manufacturers use such a method of manufacturing cast iron products as casting.
- Group fireplace stoves " Meta " are extremely simple in design, but will perfectly complement any interior. Among them you can see the following models: Baikal, Mini, Lyon, Bordeaux, etc. Such products are quite powerful, have a small weight and size, do not require the use of funds for strengthening.
- For those who need a stove for interior decoration rather than heating, there is such an option as " Ambergris " … Vintage shape, carved door, graceful legs - details that will become an excellent decor in the interior decorated "antique".
- " Gucha Lava " Is a Serbian company offering a fireplace stove of the same name. It has a modern design, small size and quite high power. The device is equipped with a wide chimney, which allows for complete cleaning of the room from smoke. This allows the owner not to worry about the level of environmental safety and relieves him of a whole set of problems.
Oven For The Greenhouse: The Device Of A Home-made Stove Of Long Burning, Making "Bubafoni" With Your Own Hands And The Peculiarities Of Heating The Greenhouse With A Wood-burning Stove
A greenhouse oven is an important part of a rich harvest. What does the device of a homemade long burning stove consist of? How is the oven for the greenhouse made independently? What are the advantages of Bubafoni?
Children's Houses For Summer Cottages (58 Photos): Garden Houses Made Of Wood And Other Country Play Houses For Children. Smoby Two-storey Houses For Girls And Boys
What are the children's cottages for summer cottages? How to choose garden houses made of wood and other country play houses for children? Which manufacturers produce playhouses? What are the advantages of Smoby two-story houses for girls and boys?
Chimneys For Wood Burning Stoves: Pipe Diameter For Wood Burning Stoves. Which Chimney Is Better To Use For A Long Burning Stove In A Bath And For A Fireplace?
All about chimneys for wood stoves. Diameter of pipes for wood-burning stoves. Which chimney is better to use for a long burning stove in a bath and for a fireplace?
Wood-burning Fireplaces For Summer Cottages (84 Photos): Long-burning Stoves For A House On Wood, Corner Cast-iron Gas Models With A Water Circuit
Wood burning fireplaces are used for space heating and food preparation. Long-burning stoves for wood-fired homes are capable of heating a room in which they do not live permanently. Which companies make the best summer cottage devices?
Wood-burning Fireplaces For The Home (89 Photos): Long-burning Steel Structures On Wood And With A Water Circuit For A Private House
Fireplaces are very popular devices for a private home. How do wood-burning devices differ from gas ones? What is the function of electric fireplaces? How to decorate the hearth? What material are fireplaces made of?