2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Indoor plants are able not only to decorate the interior, but also to purify the air by neutralizing harmful fumes and enriching it with oxygen. Most of the house flowers come from South America and Africa, we love them for their unpretentiousness and exotic appearance. Often you can find among them varieties with unusual white-green leaves. How are they remarkable and what to rely on when choosing such a plant? Let's consider this issue in detail.
The delicate combination of white and green on the leaves of indoor plants attracts many flower growers. Some of them are attractive in themselves, others, in addition to the beautiful color of the foliage, are also able to please with lush flowering. To choose the appropriate option, we will analyze the characteristics of flowering and non-flowering indoor plants with white-green leaves.
Among the flowering plants with a white-green color, three of the most popular can be distinguished
- Dieffenbachia spotted . This plant grows up to 1 meter in height at home. Dieffenbachia has large elliptical leaves with pointed ends of a variegated color, powerful straight stems. Inflorescences in the form of a snow-white cob are wrapped in a pale green leaf. Once ripe, the ear forms a small cluster of bright red-orange oval fruits. The plant prefers partial shade and abundant watering. When transplanting and other manipulations, it is recommended to wear gloves, as the juice is poisonous and can irritate the skin.
- Pedilanthus is titimaloid . A bushy houseplant that grows up to 1.5 meters in height. The leaves are large, with pointed ends, green in the middle, with a white edging along the edge, in some varieties they are covered with small fibers. Umbrella inflorescences have a pale pink or rich red color, some varieties have white flowers. The average length of one flower is about 2 cm.
Pedilanthus is unpretentious in care: for normal development and abundant flowering, it is enough to place it on the eastern or western windowsill, and also water it as the soil dries. Does not tolerate drafts.
- Afelandre . A spectacular plant native to the tropical regions of America. On a powerful stem, up to 70 cm high, there are large glossy dark green leaves with white veins. The flower is large, bright yellow, pineal in shape. In some varieties, the leaves are covered with small thorns, and the flowers are decorated with red or orange edging. They bloom very beautifully and for a long time. The plant loves sunny, well-lit rooms, however, it is better to protect it from direct scorching rays.
Among the non-flowering plants, the three most popular varieties can also be distinguished
- Hypoesthesia . A deciduous plant native to Madagascar, growing up to 60 cm in height. Leaves are ovoid with pointed ends. The highlight of this flower is the bright green color of the foliage with motley white specks, it looks like it was sprayed with white paint. Some varieties have pinkish specks. Hypoestes is photophilous, does not tolerate drafts and sudden temperature changes.
Loves moderate watering, requires frequent irrigation of the leaves.
- Cadier saw . Herbaceous evergreen perennial native to Indochina. Will grow up to 30-40 cm in height. Leaves are wide, oval with pointed ends and longitudinal white stripes. The surface of the leaves is ribbed. Some varieties bloom with small white inflorescences. There is a dwarf species of this plant growing up to 10 cm in height. Pilea cadier loves diffused sunlight, it is better to place it on the eastern or southeastern window sills. Loves humidity and abundant watering.
- Ficus Benjamin Starlight . This species of ficus has a hard, woody stem and spreading branches. The leaves are small (about 5 cm in length), green with randomly spaced white spots, the foliage is abundant, lush. The edges of the leaf are slightly wavy. Home Starlight grows up to 1.2 m in height, life expectancy can reach 20 years. Loves warmth and humidity, does not tolerate drafts. Needs bright, diffused lighting. Ficus Starlight perfectly cleans the air from formaldehyde, benzene, saturates it with oxygen.
What to choose?
For those who are primarily interested in the decorative qualities of the plant, you can choose the following varieties:
- dieffenbachia spotted;
- pedilanthus titimaloid;
- Japanese indoor euonymus;
For those who want to improve the microclimate in the room, the following are suitable:
- ficus Starlight;
- begonia (Moning Day variety);
All of the above houseplants have a common feature - this is the white-green color of the foliage . Also, when choosing, you should consider arrangement of windows in an apartment or house … For the plant to develop well, it is important to provide him with a comfortable environment . So, if the windows of your apartment face north, choose shade-loving flowers and vice versa. When choosing an indoor flower, pay attention to its condition. You should not purchase a plant if it has the following characteristics:
- colorless or yellowed leaves;
- leaves twisted into a tube;
- white or black bloom on any part of the flower;
- midges or small insects in the ground;
- withered look.
Remember, a diseased plant is not only unable to purify the air, but it can also throw toxic substances into it, especially varieties native to Africa and Madagascar.
Examples in the interior
In order for a houseplant to decorate the interior, it is important to choose the right place and placement option for it. When choosing a planter, give preference to varieties of a neutral color, so it will not distract attention from the plant itself, but only emphasize its natural beauty.
Tradescantia - a creeping plant, so it will look great in a hanging planter.
Sansevieria can be placed on the floor by transplanting into a large pot if it is an adult plant with long leaves.
Young Dieffenbachia will feel great in a wide and low pot, which can decorate a coffee table or cabinet located not far from the light source.
Ficus Starlight in a large floor pot, it can fill the empty space near the wall, creating a cozy atmosphere.
Run Moning Day will look very impressive in a snow-white pots on your desktop or bookshelf.
Ampel Flowers (90 Photos): Names And Descriptions Of Flowers For Pots (indoor) And Plants For The Garden. Hanging Flower Care At Home And Outdoors
What are ampelous flowers? Names and descriptions of flowers for pots (indoor) and plants for the garden. What you need to know about growing ampel varieties? How is hanging flowers taken care of at home and outdoors?
Indoor Plants With Red Flowers (60 Photos): Indoor Flowers With Red And White Flowers, Anthurium And Bells, Calla Lilies And Geranium
Indoor plants with red flowers are a great option for freshening up rooms. Which home varieties of flowers have red and red-white inflorescences? What is special about anthurium, azalea and spurge flowers? What house flowers have red bells?
Stripes On The TV Screen: How To Remove Vertical And Horizontal Stripes? Why Did Black And White, Blue And Other Color Stripes Appear?
What are the stripes on the TV screen? How to remove vertical and horizontal stripes on your own at home? When is it more profitable to buy a new TV? Why did black and white, blue and other color stripes appear?
Flowers That Look Like Lilies (50 Photos): Small Indoor Flowers And Large Indoor Orange Plants, Yellow And White Garden Flowers And Other Options
What are the names of flowers that look like lilies? Where did small indoor flowers and large indoor orange plants come from? What are the recommendations for caring for these representatives of the flora?
Cissus (38 Photos): Caring For Indoor Grapes At Home, Types Of Flowers With The Names Quadrangular And Rhomboid, Antarctic And Striata. Why Does The Plant Dry Leaves?
Cissus is a graceful houseplant found in many homes. What should be the care of indoor grapes at home? How are these plants propagated and transplanted? What are the types of flower with the names quadrangular and rhomboidal, antarctic and striata? Why does the plant dry leaves?