2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
Indoor plants serve as a real decoration of the home and give it coziness and grace, but in addition to the aesthetic function, they also serve as air purifiers. Indoor flowers with snow-white buds look especially elegant and delicate.
Houseplants with white flowers are quite numerous and varied. They differ in both appearance and care requirements, but they are united by their white color of the buds .
This evergreen shrub at home grows no higher than 50 cm. Due to its lush and long flowering, the plant has gained extreme popularity. Large buds of azaleas are simple and double, the leaves are lanceolate, densely pubescent on the back side and are located on branched shoots. Two varieties are most suitable for home cultivation: Melina (Japanese) and Stella Maris (Indian) .
- Japanese has a more compact size and highly decorative appearance, the whole bush is densely covered with small buds. They can grow both singly and in inflorescences.
- Indian has dark green oval leaf plates and rather large buds. The central petals are strewn with crimson blotches. Flowers can be of different types: simple, double or corrugated.
An evergreen plant can grow both as a compact bush and as a tiny tree. In an apartment, the flower reaches a maximum of 70-100 cm. Dense small leaves have a glossy surface with pronounced venation, grow in 2 or 3 pieces . The flowers are tubular, with a pronounced pleasant aroma. The most popular variety is the jasmine gardenia.
Large white-cream buds smell strongly of jasmine and form corymbose inflorescences of 4-6 pieces.
The plant belongs to lianas, so it needs support. The leaf plates are oval in shape, at first they have a glossy surface, and then they become dull. The buds do not differ in special sizes, but they have an unusual star-shaped shape, form small inflorescences. The flowers are mostly white, but in the middle they take on a red or crimson hue . The following varieties of hoya are suitable for growing in the house: green, beautiful, motorcycle.
This bright representative of the aroids is distinguished by a very spectacular appearance and the absence of pronounced shoots, it is very similar to calla lilies. Elongated leaf plates grow almost from the root. The flowers also have a rather unusual appearance: on the flower arrow there is a yellow ear, wrapped in a white blanket of wide petals . The plant has many varieties, both tall and dwarf.
Among them the most famous are: "Abundant blooming", "Picasso", "Chopin", "Sensation", "Cannoli".
The plant has a thick stem on which large buds grow. White flowers are rare, most often the petals have edging or blotches of a different color. The most popular varieties with white petals include the following:
- "Royal" is distinguished by large flowers, about 15 cm in diameter;
- "Vanda" is characterized by long flowering and pleasant caramel smell of small flowers;
- "Butterfly" stands out with unusual petals, shaped like the wings of an insect;
- "Heron" has flowers that resemble a bird in flight.
Of the many plant species, only Stephanotis floribunda is cultivated - a profusely flowering liana. Small leaves are oval and glossy. The stems are quite flexible, although thick, easily amenable to the formation of a bush on supports. The flowers consist of 5 petals, have a waxy surface and are collected in small bunches.
The plant is remarkable for its unusual aroma, which is more intense in the morning, and becomes weak in the evening. It combines citrus and jasmine scents with hints of lily of the valley and spices.
Indoor plumeria can grow up to 2 m and may look like a bush or tree.
The leaf plates are rather large, the surface underneath has white pubescence . The flowers are small, with five petals, the core of which is bright yellow.
The plant compares favorably with its highly decorative appearance. The leaves are wide, lingual, rather thick, but smooth to the touch. They are painted in a dark green tone, and have cilia along the edges . On strong peduncles, round umbrella-type inflorescences are formed, the tips of the anthers have a golden-orange tone.
It is characterized by quite numerous species (about 40). The plant is a perennial, propagated by bulbs. Zephyranthes leaves are narrow and can be up to 30 cm long . Flowers grow singly on high peduncles, the perianth is white inside, and pinkish on the outside, funnel-shaped.
The plant has long and often been planted as a home flower. Depending on the variety, it may differ slightly in the appearance of the bud and leaf plates.
The variety of lilies is striking in its colors, but the primacy among them, of course, belongs to white lilies.
Among them, the following stand out:
- " Eucharis" or Amazonian lily with dark green leafy plates and a tubular peduncle, on the top of which fragrant large buds are formed (represent an umbrella inflorescence of 3-6 flowers);
- " Appolo "with large flowers (about 12 cm), which form large clusters;
- " Madonna " has the appearance of a tube with curved edges and is distinguished by a snow-white color without any shades.
In addition to these incredibly beautiful home plants with white flowers, there are quite a few others that are no less impressive in their appearance
- Clorodendrum Thompson has the appearance of a liana and can reach 2.5 m in room conditions. Shoots along the entire length are abundantly covered with dark green leafy plates growing opposite. In the axils there are small flowers, which consist of 5 petals.
- Plumbago auricular also belongs to vines and is distinguished by curly leaves. The buds bloom in several pieces on each peduncle, in the center they are painted in a bright tone. The plant belongs to the sun-loving plant and needs bright lighting.
- Hymenokallis possesses unusual inflorescences-umbrellas, consisting of about 10 flowers. The plant has a pleasant aroma and unpretentious care, it can grow normally in different conditions, but for abundant flowering it needs light.
- Alsobia has creeping stems, rather soft. The leaf plates are oval and colored green. The upper side is covered with villi and has rather dark streaks. Inflorescences grow singly and look like tubules with velvet edging. The length of such a flower reaches 6 cm.
- Bells quite often planted as a home culture. They are unpretentious to care for, but they have a beautiful appearance, especially plants with white buds.
- Zantedeschia (calla) has heart-shaped, rather large leaf plates. The flower consists of a cob, which is wrapped in a dense blanket, is located on a strong peduncle. The color of the bud depends on the variety, but calla lilies with snow-white inflorescences are the most popular.
- Jasmine with white flowers - the most common of all species as a house plant. This is a vine with both soft and lignified (mature) shoots. The flowers are small, forming cluster inflorescences of 5-6 pieces. The plant has a very pleasant aroma.
- Balsam white forms flowers at the ends of the stems, the leaf plates are lanceolate, have serrations at the edges. It can reach a height of 25 cm.
Which to choose?
When choosing a flower as a houseplant, you must first decide on the following nuances:
- pretentiousness in care - if it is not possible to devote a lot of time to the plant, you should pay attention to unpretentious crops;
- room lighting - in the presence of a small amount of light, it is better to grow shade-tolerant plants, and in bright light - sun-loving plants;
- safety - often exotic plants have poisonous properties, so you should be careful when purchasing such a flower in a family where there are small children or animals;
- parameters - tall plants with large flowers are more suitable for a spacious room, and low varieties for a small room;
- appearance - here the preference is exclusively of the florist, but it is worth knowing that plants with white flowers have buds of different shape and appearance.
Of the most unpretentious indoor plants with white flowers, the following can be distinguished: eucharis, plumeria, spathiphyllum, clematis, hoya, hydrangea.
Caring for them does not need to be paid much attention, they do not need special conditions: a certain humidity or temperature, grow normally in shaded places and with infrequent watering. But still, do not forget that even with such little demand, plants need elementary care, otherwise they will simply die.
Indoor plants with white flowers are the perfect decoration for any interior
Any windowsill or shelf with a snow-white flower will look much more elegant
Ampel Flowers (90 Photos): Names And Descriptions Of Flowers For Pots (indoor) And Plants For The Garden. Hanging Flower Care At Home And Outdoors
What are ampelous flowers? Names and descriptions of flowers for pots (indoor) and plants for the garden. What you need to know about growing ampel varieties? How is hanging flowers taken care of at home and outdoors?
Indoor Flowers With Yellow Flowers (28 Photos): Types Of Indoor Plants With Yellow Candle Flowers And Other Forms
A variety of indoor flowers with yellow flowers. Types of houseplants with yellow candle flowers, shoe-shaped, pineapple and other forms. Features of yellow-flowered plants. Care tips for some of them
Indoor Plants With Red Flowers (60 Photos): Indoor Flowers With Red And White Flowers, Anthurium And Bells, Calla Lilies And Geranium
Indoor plants with red flowers are a great option for freshening up rooms. Which home varieties of flowers have red and red-white inflorescences? What is special about anthurium, azalea and spurge flowers? What house flowers have red bells?
White Bloom On Indoor Plants (22 Photos): On Leaves, On The Ground In Pots And On Flowers. How To Deal With And How To Treat Sticky Plaque And Similar To Cotton Wool?
The reasons for the appearance of white bloom on indoor plants: powdery mildew. mold, gray mold and parasitic insects. How to treat a plant when white bloom appears on leaves, flowers and on the ground in pots? Prevention measures
Flowers That Look Like Lilies (50 Photos): Small Indoor Flowers And Large Indoor Orange Plants, Yellow And White Garden Flowers And Other Options
What are the names of flowers that look like lilies? Where did small indoor flowers and large indoor orange plants come from? What are the recommendations for caring for these representatives of the flora?