2023 Author: Beatrice Philips | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 03:41
A home fireplace is a dream not only for owners of country houses, but also for city dwellers. The warmth and comfort that come from such a unit will give you a good mood even in the winter cold.
However, not every room will allow you to install stoves with a chimney - in this case, you can purchase an electric fireplace with a 3D flame effect.
What it is?
Electric fireplaces with 3D effect, or as they are also called "with the effect of living fire", completely recreate the vision of burning wood. This effect is achieved using cold air steam generators.
The principle is as follows: steam comes out of the woodpile and starts to light up. An important factor in the operation of the unit is the brightness of the backlight, which is responsible for the quality of the combustion illusion. It should be as high as possible.
Such a device is perfect for both an apartment and a house.
Features and Benefits
Despite the obvious differences between electric fireplaces and stoves with a chimney, they have a huge number of advantages, thanks to which their popularity becomes higher every day.
Modern models have increased safety and in case of an emergency, they turn off automatically. Full compliance with fire safety requirements ensures peace of mind at home and outside. In addition, electrical units are environmentally friendly and do not emit toxic fumes that are harmful to the health of the body. And due to the lack of real fuel, the emission of carbon monoxide is also excluded.
Unlike their gas counterparts, these devices do not need water vapor, and the absence of emitted smoke does not require the removal and installation of a chimney. The presence of a thermostat provides an optimal temperature regime, and it will be possible to adjust the level of supplied heat manually. In the case of an electric fireplace with a live flame effect in a small room, it can act as the main source of heat , if its location is in a spacious room, then it can play the role of an additional heater.
Another big advantage is portability. If a stand-alone model is used, then it can be easily moved from one room to another. It is possible to install the device in any place where there is an outlet. Installation and dismantling of this unit is quite simple and does not require additional permission for its installation.
These fireplaces are very easy to maintain, which will delight most housewives. To keep it clean, neither cleaning the spool is required, nor any other actions carried out with their gas counterparts or furnaces with a firebox. It is enough to wipe it from dust with a damp cloth. To visually support the fire, you should only replace burned out lamps from time to time .
An electric fireplace with a live flame effect will bring coziness and originality to any room, however, in addition to a large number of advantages, such a unit also has several disadvantages. For example, to change lamps, you will have to purchase only elements for this model that may be missing or overpriced. Another significant disadvantage of such a device is the increased consumption of electricity, which will entail high electricity bills.
The main details in the device of this unit are imitation of live fire and heating. These functions work independently of each other, which allows you to add a sense of coziness even in summer. Modern electric fireplaces can be equipped with a steam function, video or audio system with the sound of crackling firewood.
There are models with musical accompaniment of the owner's choice. If desired, the combustion effect can also be increased - this happens with the help of mirrors built into the firebox.
Each electric fireplace consists of the following parts: a dummy of a combustion element, a device that simulates a 3D flame effect, artificial grates, coal and firewood, as well as a remote control for controlling the unit.
Previously, the visual effect of combustion was achieved in several stages. At the very beginning, pictures with a pattern of fire were used, after a while devices began to be produced, where the flame was visually created using pieces of cloth moving from a fan heater. Modern models are equipped with lamps, whose light shimmers in water droplets from a steam generator.
Electric fireplaces by design parameters are divided into the following types:
- Floor standing … This view outwardly resembles an ordinary wood-burning fireplace. It is installed in a special niche or just along the wall on the floor. Typically, wall-mounted fireplaces are installed in the living room to give it more comfort.
- Portable … These fireplaces are small in size and have wheels for easier transportation. They can be easily moved from one room to another, which is very convenient.
- Wall mounted … These electric fireplaces have two more names: suspended and mounted. Such models are more like decorative frames that are hung on the walls. The thin body of the units will perfectly fit even into a small room and will bring originality to the interior.
- Embedded … This type of electric fireplaces with a live fire effect is built into a wall or installed on a portal. They are small and save room space.
- Basket … They look like a metal fireplace-shaped firebox. Such stoves will be an excellent option for rooms decorated in a modern style, as they have an original shape and will bring their "flavor" to such an interior.
- Corner … This type of electric fireplace is considered optimal for small rooms, since it not only saves space, but also visually expands it due to smoothing of the corners. The electric fireplace can be ordered in both symmetrical and asymmetrical shapes.
Each of these types has its own specific characteristics. For example, built-in models have large dimensions and increased power consumption.
A hinged electric fireplace, as a rule, is used for decorative purposes, since it does not heat the room to the desired level , so when buying such a unit, you should definitely take this feature into account. White wall-mounted fireplace will be a great addition to any interior.
Each kind of electric fireplace with 3D flame effect has different simulations of fire and combustion.
How to choose?
Modern stores offer a wide range of electric fireplaces of various designs, dimensions and built-in functions. The first thing to do before buying a fireplace is to develop a project that will help determine its parameters and characteristics. When choosing a particular model, you need to take into account the appropriate size, which will harmoniously fit into the room and will not burden it, or, conversely, look too small.
Then the design is selected. It is worth noting that a device decorated with carvings and classic patterns will not be able to fit into a modern style, just as a glass unit with metal inserts will not be able to harmonize with a classic interior.
The power of the heater is also very important, since the amount of energy consumed depends on it. You should carefully disassemble the wiring to ensure that the outlet can handle the power of the device. The cheaper the fireplace, the lower its power .… The power parameter is always indicated in the unit's passport.
How to install?
Installation of an electric fireplace with a live flame effect is usually not difficult, especially if the appliance is free-standing. It is enough to put such a fireplace next to the outlet and turn it on.
The installation of this unit can also take place in specially decorated niches or portals made of wood, plastic, ceramic tiles or artificial stone. It happens that these devices are built into niches and from drywall , decorated with different finishing materials. There are models that allow you to integrate yourself into furniture.
In the case of installing a mounted electric fireplace, you will first of all have to strengthen the wall, if it is not a load-bearing one, and only after these steps it will be possible to fix the device in four corners. It is necessary to prematurely take care of the wiring and the outlet for such an electric fireplace - they should be behind it, so as not to spoil the overall appearance of the interior.
Electric fireplaces with steam
Such fireplaces are the best option for cold winter evenings, because in addition to comfort, they will bring warmth and beauty into the house.
- Royal Flame Pierre Luxe … Dimensions: 77x62x25 cm
- Dimplex Danville Black Opti-Myst … Dimensions - 52x62x22 cm. The advantages of this electric fireplace are the ability to control the intensity of the steam produced, low energy consumption, as well as separate operation of the heating element and the effect of fire.
Built-in electric fireplaces
Such models are small in size and perform more a decorative function than a heating one, although most of them are equipped with a heating element. Built-in electric fireplaces with a 3D effect will perfectly fit into a classic interior.
- Inter Flame Spectrus 28 LED … Dimensions - 60x75x29 cm. The advantages of Inter Flame are the presence of an LCD display and the ability to adjust parameters with its help, a system of slow extinction of light, several modes of brightness, built-in crackling sound, as well as internal protection against overheating.
- Alex Bauman 3D Fog 24 cassette … Dimensions - 51x60x25 cm. The main advantages are gradual visual flare-up and fading of the flame, the sound of crackling firewood, a built-in air humidifier, as well as a long operating time without additional refueling of the tank.
Wall mounted electric fireplaces
This type of units is much thinner than their counterparts due to the fact that the effect of burning a flame inside is created using a special program, and sometimes video. As a rule, such units are hung on the wall as decorations.
- Electrolux EFP / W - 1100 ULS … Dimensions - 52x66x9 centimeters. Despite its very slim body, the device has two power modes and can quickly heat up a room. Economical energy consumption is a big plus.
- Royal flame space … Dimensions - 61x95x14 cm. High-quality materials ensure excellent operation of the device, the backlight has three variations, the ability to adjust the brightness of the burning, low power consumption.
Electric fireplaces with a live fire effect are an excellent alternative to their metal or brick counterparts, because they are much more convenient and have a huge number of advantages. Such a unit will be a great addition to any room.
For information on how to choose an electric fireplace, see the next video.
White Bedroom (175 Photos): Design In White With Bright Accents, White-green And White-blue, White-lilac And White-brown
The white bedroom looks interesting, fresh and beautiful. With the help of some tricks, it is filled with warmth and comfort. How to create a design in white with bright accents? What styles do the white-green and white-blue colors belong to?
Corner Electric Fireplace (41 Photos): Dimensions Of A Stylish Electric Fireplace, 3D Models With The Effect Of Live Fire And Tongues Of Flame, Examples In The Interior Of An Apartment And A House
The electric corner fireplace is a multifunctional and stylish item for any home. What are the dimensions of a stylish electric fireplace for a private house or apartment? How to choose a corner electric fireplace yourself?
Built-in Electric Fireplace (58 Photos): Electric Fireplace Built Into The Wall Or Furniture, Options With A Niche, Sizes And Design Examples
The built-in electric fireplace is often used in modern interiors. How to choose the right electric fireplace built into the wall or furniture? What niche options to choose for your home?
Electric Fireplaces With The Effect Of A Live Flame (87 Photos): An Electric Fireplace With The Effect Of Fire In The Interior Of The Apartment
Electric fireplaces with the effect of a living flame allow you to create an atmosphere of home comfort, warmth and romance. Modern models not only realistically reproduce the effect of combustion, but also perform the function of heating. Due to its compact size and fire safety, an electric fireplace with a fire effect can easily fit into the interior of an apartment. How to choose the right look and design?
Built-in Fireplace (83 Photos): Built-in Wall Fireplace, Wall And Furniture On The Wall, Wall Structures In The Interior
The built-in fireplace is suitable for both a private house and an apartment. How to choose the right recessed wall-mounted fireplace? What should be the wall and furniture on the wall near the fireplace in a private house?